Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made Beyond breakfast sausage patties and tofu. Liberally sprinkled the tofu with Trader Joes Green Goddess seasoning. I'm really loving that blend! I could had eaten all the tofu cold!
Beyond was good, but it had a taste different from I expect from breakfast sausage patties I wasn't that fond of. They did give off a bit of grease, not as much as the Italian

I found some fresh chanterelle mushrooms this morning. yay! So tonight I'm making stuffed bell peppers. Pretty simple...I will saute some shallots, garlic, and leeks, along with a heap of chanterelles, then I will mix it in with a cup of cooked jasmine rice. I will lightly season this, as I don't want to adulterate the buttery flavour of the chanterelles. Once stuffed into the pepper halves, I will squeeze a generous amount of fresh lemon juice over each one before covering with some vegan cheeze and baking to perfection.

I'm going to have acorn squash stuffed with a mix of rice, black beans, onions, carrots, tomatoes and olives.
One more night of this. So tasty. I will still have leftover stuffing, so I think I will add some corn and make either a burrito or a burrito bowl with lettuce and more tomatoes. I might have to get an avocado and make some guac to go with. I do have a butternut squash on the counter, but I'm saving that for roasted butternut squash -ginger soup. :)

One more night of this. So tasty. I will still have leftover stuffing, so I think I will add some corn and make either a burrito or a burrito bowl with lettuce and more tomatoes. I might have to get an avocado and make some guac to go with. I do have a butternut squash on the counter, but I'm saving that for roasted butternut squash -ginger soup. :)
Wish I could give you my avocado. I think it died. It’s on my counter. I will check it’s pulse today. Hopefully it can be saved. 😁

I'm leaving shortly for another morning foraging for chanterelles. I wish I knew other varieties of mushrooms better, but I don't...not without my friend, who's a local mycologist. I only know chanterelles well because I've handled them for so long. Even the smell is familiar to me. For me there is no mistaking them. I hope to fill my basket this morning, as the rain we've had should work wonders for sprouting fresh shrooms.

Anyhow, tonight I'm going to make a chanterelle risotto. I will also give my neighbor some fresh shrooms, but the rest are going into my dehydrator. I'll go foraging again tomorrow morning for some more fresh ones. These bad boys sell for $19.99 per lb. I feel like I'm foraging for gold nuggets. They even look a bit like gold.

Uh-oh! :eek: :grinning: Today I made a gemelli pasta stirfry with tofu, broccoli and zucchini, but as I had leftover honey from my pre-vegan days, sauce was honey-mustard.

There is some debate about is honey vegan, etc. but I am not going to throw out what I have left and I have stopped purchasing.

That reminds me, there is this whole thing about bee collapse going on

You would think I'd be tired of mushrooms by now, but I haven't even started. lol. My risotto was epic, by the way. Anyhow, tonight I'm using my leftover risotto to stuff some portabella mushroom caps. I'll top this with some vegan cheeze and bake to perfection.