Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm making a vegetable curry with white onion, potatoes, carrots, green bell pepper and tomatoes and a lentil dahl with basmati rice and sliced cucumber and mango chutney. :lick:

my honey worked late so we had a simple dinner - fried egg (Just Egg patties) sandwiches with cheez/pickled jalapenos, hummus on the toasted bread, pickles and potato chips - the sandwiches were amazing, we so rarely eat them that they were a real treat

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

A one pot veggie mince & vegetable stew (sweet potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, shitake mushrooms, courgettes, onions, garlic, fresh tomatoes, passata, vegetable stock, herbs, Marmite,) served with Violife & Nurishh grated cheese, a sprinkle of smoked paprika & evo.
Crisp breads with tofu bake.
Grapes.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I have sweet potatoes, tempeh, and onions in a spicy tamarind marinade roasting in the oven
I was inspired by Isa Moscowitz' Appetite for Reduction--a cookbook I really loved and forgot about!
I had a tamarind rice seasoning mix I used instead of the recipe. I need to get some tamarind paste, I love that stuff!
Also, collards cooking, soy yogurt in Instant Pot, and will make a sweet potato stew--using my sons IP for the others.
I got a LOT of sweet potatoes from a friend, not my favorite so I hope it's all good....

one pot aglio y olio whole wheat spaghettini - it is challenging using whole wheat pasta when doing the one pot as it takes more water than regular pasta and that is harder to determine - it was good but would likely go back to normal cooking methods for w/w - lots of garlic, green onions, mushrooms, olives, some cherry tomatoes and arugula

Emma JC

one pot aglio y olio whole wheat spaghettini - it is challenging using whole wheat pasta when doing the one pot as it takes more water than regular pasta and that is harder to determine - it was good but would likely go back to normal cooking methods for w/w - lots of garlic, green onions, mushrooms, olives, some cherry tomatoes and arugula

Emma JC

I always make one pot pasta in the IP using wholewheat pasta.

I stir fried 1/4 of a very large sliced sweet onion, leftover rice and peas, black beans, and corn in avocado oil. Seasoned with Steak Spice, salt and pepper. It was delicious!