Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

it seems it was a nugget kind of day yesterday, we had Gardein Crab Cakes (I bought them by mistake thinking they were fish, will not buy them again as there are too few for the money, and although they smelled like crab they didn't really taste like anything much), with a side of herbed rice and a caesar salad

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

They're my favourite.:)

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
My Polish friend is visiting Vancouver this week, so I am going to make her some homemade pierogis for dinner tonight. I think I will make some rice paper bacon strips to serve with them, and some cashew sour cream of course.

Pierogis have been on my "to do" list forever!
I'd love any and all tips you would share!

I think I'll have bean nachos on torilla chiops with TJ's cheddar cheese, some olives, that's it

Pierogis have been on my "to do" list forever!
I'd love any and all tips you would share!

Making vegan pierogies is not difficult. They have always been relatively vegan, but as you know many recipes will include eggs and dairy, and then there's the toppings.

Here's an excellent recipe with all the tips needed. Enjoy!

My Polish friend is visiting Vancouver this week, so I am going to make her some homemade pierogis for dinner tonight. I think I will make some rice paper bacon strips to serve with them, and some cashew sour cream of course.

speaking of bacon... Sauce Stache has a new video making it from white bread... looked very simple and I may try it at some point

Emma JC

I am fortunate in that we have accidently vegan perogies readily available and I always keep some on hand.

Last night I kept it simple - 1/2 can refried beans on an 8 inch pita with salsa, olives, cheez - folded it in half and put in a non-stick pan on the coil under crispy on both side - satisfying and I didn't overeat (good thing I didn't make two or I would have eaten both).

Emma JC

Air fried egan mozzarella sticks (Lidl) served with grated raw beetroot, diced peeled tomatoes,cucumbers, avocados/vinaigrette yeast flakes.
I'll have some plant based ice cream (also Lidl) when I get back later on. I'm going for a walk with a pal who lives in my residence.