Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Yes, many times. My avatar is a pic of Mill Bay.

I have been to Mill Bay many times. I take the ferry over to Vancouver Island a few times a year on my motorcycle. I have a few friends and some family that live on the island. I'm actually heading over next week, just after the weekend, for a few days. I will be riding through Mill Bay to get to Nanaimo, where one of my friends lives.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I have been to Mill Bay many times. I take the ferry over to Vancouver Island a few times a year on my motorcycle. I have a few friends and some family that live on the island. I'm actually heading over next week, just after the weekend, for a few days. I will be riding through Mill Bay to get to Nanaimo, where one of my friends lives.

I have only travelled once from Vancouver to the island via the ferry. I would usually either fly into Victoria or Nanaimo.

I love Thrifty Foods that is located at the Mill Bay shopping centre and also down town Nanaimo.

I still have a good friend that lives in Duncan.

• Friendly
Reactions: Veganite
Mashed potatoes with carrots and spinach mashed in with a bit of oatmilk, vegan butter melted on top. Cold Black Beans mixed with grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, orange bell pepper, diced cuke. Dressed with a little mayo and Sweet Onion Dressing. My favorite supper! LOL

soupy ramen noodles - put in everything but the kitchen sink - brussel sprouts, wakame, a few white beans, miso, chili paste, mushroom powder, ramen noodles, turmeric/pepper, mustard powder, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, tahini... I think there was more but can't remember it all, oh yes, spicy chili sauce on top

my honey made himself, veggie nachos

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I had leftover mac and cheeze that I froze from last week's dinner. Hubby deemed it not cheezy enough at that time. So I thawed it out, added 1/4 cup oatmilk with 1/4 cup nooch added. Mixed it in. Put it in an oven dish and topped with breadcrumbs mixed with vegan butter and more nooch. Baked it. I asked him how he liked it, he said it's ok. I asked if it was cheezier than last week and he said - wait for it - I don't remember. LOL I have two more mac and cheeze recipes to try. This one was made with blended cashews. The other 2, one is a mixture of potatoes and carrots as a base for the cheeze sauce, the other is a bechamel sauce. Maybe one of them is better.

I had leftover mac and cheeze that I froze from last week's dinner. Hubby deemed it not cheezy enough at that time. So I thawed it out, added 1/4 cup oatmilk with 1/4 cup nooch added. Mixed it in. Put it in an oven dish and topped with breadcrumbs mixed with vegan butter and more nooch. Baked it. I asked him how he liked it, he said it's ok. I asked if it was cheezier than last week and he said - wait for it - I don't remember. LOL I have two more mac and cheeze recipes to try. This one was made with blended cashews. The other 2, one is a mixture of potatoes and carrots as a base for the cheeze sauce, the other is a bechamel sauce. Maybe one of them is better.
Do you like the potato/carrot sauce?, Have you tried cauliflower? I so much prefer cauliflower in cheese sauce. It lightens up the cashew base, but also good if mixed with vegan cheese.
I now have a cauliflower in the fridge but I just don't feel motivated enough to do anything with it tonight. I forgot what day I bought it

I am going to make some gravy and mashed potatoes for the seitan, and cook up some kale

Do you like the potato/carrot sauce?, Have you tried cauliflower? I so much prefer cauliflower in cheese sauce. It lightens up the cashew base, but also good if mixed with vegan cheese.
I now have a cauliflower in the fridge but I just don't feel motivated enough to do anything with it tonight. I forgot what day I bought it

I am going to make some gravy and mashed potatoes for the seitan, and cook up some kale
I haven't tried the potato/carrot sauce yet but it may be a winner as mashed potatoes/carrots are my favorite supper. The bechamel sauce may be good too. I'll try both and see which one is best. I just bought a cauliflower yesterday too but not sure how I'm going to use it yet. I know I don't like mashed cauliflower as I tried it before and it's no bueno. Yuck. LOL

Reactions: Veganite
I'm marinading some tofu as I type. I'm making tofu lettuce wraps tonight. It should be cool and refreshing, seeing as we're in another heatwave here. Somehow anything hot doesn't seem so appealing at the moment.

I love lettuce wraps. Never tried them with tofu. I used to make them with hummus, avocado, onions and olives. My work peeps loved them. Occasionally I would bring in the ingredients and we would have them for lunch.

A kinda one pot ww organic Italian pasta (tiny shells) bolognese/vegetable style made with sweet potatoes/shiitake/field mushrooms/red wine/pasata/ veg. stock/chopped veggie burger/various herbs and spices with melted Violife cheese.
Raspberries & coconut milk yogurt/stevia.

Got my hands on various locally grown curcubits (new word for me! courgette, squash, marrow). So went for a nice big pot of ratatouille, served with potatoes and garlic mushrooms. The yellow summer squash was the star of the show - it has a hard skin, but if you boil it in the tomato sauce for plenty of time it's perfect.

Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
A pasta baked topped with grated Violife/ground almonds and fresh basil. I added sauteed yellow courgettes to
yesterday's leftover one pot pasta bol and baked it in the air fryer.

Banana & raspberry/coconut milk yogurt frozen dessert.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

Took my leftover mac and cheeze I didn't like very much and stirred in some leftover chili. Chili Mac! It was pretty good. A Clementine for dessert.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven