Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Just made my favorite slicing seitan and letting it rest-but- I got crazy and started adding other stuff. Rarely a good idea! Usually it's just Penzeys lamb and Turkish blends and fresh minced garlic. This time I also added mushroom powder and nooch. Hope it's ok

yum, last night we had our "alio y olio" night as we didn't have it on Saturday - a few changes... we took a whole bulb of garlic and whizzed it in the Bullet with a small amount of olive oil and then sauted that as the base with some olives for our spaghettini 'sauce' - the spagh was added to the wok pot after the sauting so it had time to soak up the garlic/olive flavour - all of the other veggies that we normally put into the 'sauce' we put in a salad with a base of mesclun salad mix, mushrooms, radishes, cucumber, green onion, cherry tomatoes and used the Bullet again (without rinsing it) to mix up the dressing (walnuts, garlic cloves, tamari, water and a bit hemp seed for thickening)

anyone who says that eating vegan/plant-based is difficult or boring or expensive or tasteless, is so so wrong - it is delicious, hearty, comforting, inexpensive, simple and never boring...

I am going to guess at the cost... spagh/garlic/olives/bit of oil... $2 - $2.50 - salad - $3 - $3.50 = $6 for two people

Emma JC

Reactions: silva and KLS52
Sauteed mushrooms, onions, green pepper and the seitan slices. Melted FYH parm over it and stuffed a pita. OMG 🤗
Also roasting another delicata squash, and this time the seeds, so I ate the seeds and will take some for tomorrows lunch

If you don't already add sliced or minced garlic to your seitan you really should. If you like garlic you should. Not just flavor, but the texture it adds

We have paid the bills and now we have no money so we are scraping by on what is in the cupboards. I'm throwing together some veg and green soya beans in a spicy sauce with leftover rice. We will also have some fries and some brussel sprouts and we have a few pears left.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
one wrap each, this time, with homemade beans and some cheez inside, a pica made of greens/green onions/tomatoes/olives for the top with some salsa, a side of mexican flavoured rice and avocado

Emma JC

Out of food dinner. Seitan I cooked yesterday with some of that broth with frozen stir fry veg and udon noodles. I really need to go to the store.