Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

A tossed salad; gem lettuce & avocados with lots of vinaigrette/pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes.
Leftover pumpkin/sweet potato soup with pasta and diced cocktail sausages with a drizzle of pumpkin oil.
Blueberries & coconut milk yogurt.

Reactions: Emma JC
I use Bisto's granules for gravy, for beef but is vegan.
I had to admit I was skeptical but I checked it and the red one, usually considered as being for beef, is actually vegan.

Ingredients
Potato Starch, Maltodextrin, Palm Oil, Salt, Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Colour (E150c), Sugar, Flavourings (contain Barley), Flavour Enhancers (E621, E635), Emulsifier (E322) (contains Soya)
https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/bisto-beef-gravy-granules-212166011

• Informative
last night we had tacos.... very tasty - made with Gardein ground/onion/jalapeno, pica (green onions, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, olives, lime juice), some lettuce and cheez shreds

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven and Brian W
I had to admit I was skeptical but I checked it and the red one, usually considered as being for beef, is actually vegan.

Ingredients
Potato Starch, Maltodextrin, Palm Oil, Salt, Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Colour (E150c), Sugar, Flavourings (contain Barley), Flavour Enhancers (E621, E635), Emulsifier (E322) (contains Soya)
https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/bisto-beef-gravy-granules-212166011

The chicken Bistos does have chicken in it, the one for beef is so handy, a tablespoon in a cup, add a little boiling water and you have enough for pouring on some chips/fries.

Reactions: Brian W
The chicken Bistos does have chicken in it, the one for beef is so handy, a tablespoon in a cup, add a little boiling water and you have enough for pouring on some chips/fries.
I always liked Bisto. I don't know if I can get it here in Sweden. The English Shop used to do it but they have closed down now. It was really expensive as well but would have been nice for the occasional treat. I think the Indian shop sell it. I know they sell Marmite and English pickles so I might try there.

Reactions: thinman
A quinoa salad made with gem lettuce, diced peeled tomatoes, warm cocktail sausages, vinaigrette/pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes.
Berries with oat cream.
A glass of Australian Shiraz.

Flygande Jakob was a roaring success and I will definitely be making it again in future. I wish I hadn't used Peas Of Heaven bacon because it doesn't crisp up very easily but it was no detriment in the end. M was really happy with it too. :yum

2 Fieldroast Chipotle sausage, cooked then cut into very small pieces (almost a crumble), sauted one bell pepper, one onion and two jalapeno, made a pica from a pile of cilantro, cherry tomatoes, green onions and added some black kalamata olives to it with the lime, cut up some mixed greens - assembled the sausage, some cheez, and the pepper onion mix into large whole wheat wraps, put salsa, a bit of cheese on top, microwaved for two minutes, then added the pica and greens and a bit more salsa on top - oh my, it was so satisfying and comforting and delicious

Emma JC

Subway! It's been so long, they have a nice drive up where you select everything on a touch screen. I thought to select 'more' for everything but pickles, and less for the sweet onion dressing. So good, it's one of the fresh ones
Why I don't ever just get a fresh bagette and make one I don't even know!
I did have a bogo coupon, and my son got one

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC