Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

A salad ; diced peeled tomatoes, avocados, roast red peppers, cocktail sausages, diced Violife Cheddar style cheese, ww orechetti pasta, vinaigrette/pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes.
A coconut milk yogurt plus some rapsberries.
A glass of chardonnay.

Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
last night we made an Instant pot Mushroom Brown Rice Risotto - on the side carrots and brussel sprouts - it was too good as we ate almost all of it when we should only have eaten half of it - sprinkled some cashews on top for protein and tastiness

Emma JC

Reactions: Brian W
I've never tried those fish. Does it taste like fish? I never enjoyed fish, prior to becoming vegan, so I'm a bit scared to try it.
I only liked Arthur Treachers fish and chips, the thick batter, the malt vinegar, not really the fish part, but I really like the Gardein fishless. Probably mostly for the breading! I had some on a bun with vegan cheddar melted and some tartar sauce from vegan mayo and relish.

Pasta with roasted tomatoes and sauce with Aldi meatless balls.
Do you know Trader Joes meatless balls? I've been getting Aldi classic ones and like them a lot. I made some spaghetti with TJ"s and didn't like them very much- used to

Made a quick soup by cooking some orzo and adding frozen mixed veggies and white beans. Better than Boullion no chik'n broth

yes, it does - if you don't like fish then try the Chicken Tenders or Spicy Chicken

Emma JC
Thank you! We do like the chicken tenders, and I use the chicken strips quite frequently. I also like the meatless burger patties and the chik'n patties. I don't think we get the full range here in Australia.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
we didn't have our Aglio Olio on Saturday night as usual so we had a slightly different version last night - spaghettini, lotsa garlic, chili peppers a bit of olive oil, green onions and kalamata olives, then I soaked some Soy Curls in a water with a bit of poulty seasoning in it, drained it and mixed in a bit of tamari, then into the frying pan with some sweet chili sauce for some amazing fake chicken for the top of our pasta - I am really liking the Soy Curls these days as they are so much healthier than the highly processed fake meats and you can add whichever flavour you would like - I saw a youtube video yesterday from the Jaroudi Family where she used Soy Curls to make a "pot roast" in the slow cooker - I am not sure that it looked a lot like a pot roast but it did look tasty

Emma JC

A pan fried Green Cuisine burger with a tossed gem lettuce & avocado salad with vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
White grapes.
A glass of chardonnay.

Reactions: Emma JC
last night we had peanut butter sauce over udon noodles - I watched a youtube video and that is what they ate and it made me drool so.... lol .... I added a whole head of broccoli to the boiling water for the noodles - and used a recipe from brandnewvegan's website - it includes garlic, green onions, etc and the results were delicious - thankfully I only made 2 small packages of noodles because if I had made more we would have eaten more

Emma JC

last night I took out one of the chilis that I had frozen, and to it we added some of the smaller pieces of the Soy Curls (after soaking them first) - it added a wonderful texture to it and we had it with tortillas chips, Breyers cookie ice cream for dessert

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52