Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

@GingerFoxx Happy Anniversary!
- Wish I could send you some of the lasagna I made! I've been thinking of it for so long. Not the usual veggie full vegan lasagna, but more like a 5 pound casserole of Beyond Beef ground, tofu ricotta, and FYH provolone (should have gone with their parm though), with no boil pasta and blended diced tomatoes

Reactions: Emma JC
Got the BOSH! book and had Braised Jack Chilli for lunch, used up some new potatoes with it, good if you like a bit (ok a lot) of heat.

Tried their Spicy Indian Tomato Soup Monday, ummmm, and Mushroom Soup yesterday. Stocking up the freezer with extra portions. Had red pepper hummus with carrot, celery sticks, and some radishes for tea. Dog is not impressed with my new Vegan diet as she doesn't like veg, however, she did deign to sample a few carrot sticks. Last week she accepted a steamed brussel sprout, and I definitely saw her chewing on it so thought she liked it. The next day found it squashed under the footstool... Hmmmmm. Doesn't like greens.

I've been thinking of buying that book. Honestly, I need to buy a few cookbooks. I haven't bought any in a while and I'm sure there are loads of good ones coming out.
Hello Thurza

I just stumbled across it in my local supermarket, on a BOGOFF, in UK they have a new cookery show 'Living on the Veg', but I think they have a a you tube channel too? You could check that out first to see if you like their recipes. They mostly use fresh food, and I like the way they set out the recipes telling you in which order to prepare what, which is good for a basic cook like me. Idiot proof is how I like it! :D

I have what I'm imagining will be the bestest seitan I'll ever make. I made it this morning, with blended tofu, rosemary, thyme, sage and Trader Joes no chicken salt, rested all day, and now on slow cook in the Instant Pot, then it will bake after it cools.:woo:

I had Aldi sourdough bread toasted with the last of Country Crock plant butter with almond oil. Stores have been completely out of the tub every time I shopped :(. That bread is delicious!

Hello Thurza

I just stumbled across it in my local supermarket, on a BOGOFF, in UK they have a new cookery show 'Living on the Veg', but I think they have a a you tube channel too? You could check that out first to see if you like their recipes. They mostly use fresh food, and I like the way they set out the recipes telling you in which order to prepare what, which is good for a basic cook like me. Idiot proof is how I like it! :D

You can find it here :

A tossed salad with diced fried tofu (hate) plus vinaigrette/yeast flakes/linseed.
Raspberries with yogurt/stevia.
A glass of white wine.

I'm seriously running out of fresh vegetables and am eating the same things. :confused:
Same here. I don’t want to go back to the store. I scheduled an online order but the earliest delivery date is April 8! I’m going to get up shortly after midnight because often slots open up because people cancel but they get filled quickly. You have to be vigilant and fast!

I keep adding to my cart...half of the items will likely be unavailable by the time my delivery date rolls around, anyway. :pout:

And still no TP anywhere. I think the only way I’m going to get any is if I go store hopping and I don’t think I’m willing to do that. I am driving up to my previous town to pick up some prescriptions. They have curbside pickup now where you don’t get out of your car. You call when you arrive and they come out and bring you your medications.

I think we are going to try the supermarket there. Just a quick in and out to see if they are any better stocked. They have such a better variety, in general, especially with my vegan items. I am not happy living where I am now because little is available to me. :(

I keep adding to my cart...half of the items will likely be unavailable by the time my delivery date rolls around, anyway. :pout:

And still no TP anywhere. I think the only way I’m going to get any is if I go store hopping and I don’t think I’m willing to do that. I am driving up to my previous town to pick up some prescriptions. They have curbside pickup now where you don’t get out of your car. You call when you arrive and they come out and bring you your medications.

I think we are going to try the supermarket there. Just a quick in and out to see if they are any better stocked. They have such a better variety, in general, especially with my vegan items. I am not happy living where I am now because little is available to me. :(

That indeed is tough. 😲

Home delivery is by far the best solution not to spread the virus. Sadly, we can't get either home delivery or click & collect in my area. That means having to go out to shops and risking to get infected.

I still see the postman delivering letters and other courier vans. I wonder what people are ordering? I did place an order some time ago ( a very tiny packet) and think that it may get lost as it's coming from the UK. Strangely enough, Easyjet still have flights from London to over here.:rolleyes:

basmati rice, a few pieces of broccoli steamed on top of the rice, two Tasty Bites and I have added extra potatoes, carrots, peas, onion to them to make them go further - one pita each

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Pesto pasta with Aldi veggie balls and a salad topped with Italian dressing. I threw in leftover broccoli, peas and carrots that I had from making veggie pot pie. It was a substantial salad. :)