Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I broke into the frozen rations! Gardien fishless sandwish with vegan mayo and relish, and Daiya cheddar on toast!
and asparagus

If I knew I'd still be working I'd have made seitan yesterday. I now feel cheated and fooled :pout:

this is the recipe that I use the couple of times that I've made them - I don't make them into gingerbread men and rarely put the icing on - they are a bit soft because I use applesauce instead of vegan butter

Emma JC

For the Gingerbread Men:

• 1/4 cup (56g) Vegan Butter
  • 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
  • 1/3 cup (100g) Unsulphured Molasses*
  • 1 Flax Egg
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Ground Ginger
  • 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Allspice
  • 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves

this is the recipe that I use the couple of times that I've made them - I don't make them into gingerbread men and rarely put the icing on - they are a bit soft because I use applesauce instead of vegan butter

Emma JC

For the Gingerbread Men:

• 1/4 cup (56g) Vegan Butter
  • 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
  • 1/3 cup (100g) Unsulphured Molasses*
  • 1 Flax Egg
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Ground Ginger
  • 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Allspice
  • 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
Thanks Emma. That's a great idea with the apple sauce.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
so just watched Edgy Veg's latest video and decided that tonight was gnocchi with meatball night again tonight and I took her idea of spinning up chick peas with tomatoes and have spun up canned white kidney beans instead with some fresh kale/lemon juice and will add that to the spag sauce along with garlic, onions, olives, and a few spices and then, of course, the Gardein meatballs

Emma JC

Today is our anniversary. Since all out local restaurants and bars are closed for dine in service, my boyfriend and I are going to try to find a nice place that is offering take out service still, so we can have a nice dinner to celebrate the occasion.

Congrats. How many years have you been together ?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
so just watched Edgy Veg's latest video and decided that tonight was gnocchi with meatball night again tonight and I took her idea of spinning up chick peas with tomatoes and have spun up canned white kidney beans instead with some fresh kale/lemon juice and will add that to the spag sauce along with garlic, onions, olives, and a few spices and then, of course, the Gardein meatballs

Emma JC

I'd never watched Edgy Veg before, but because of your post I went and looked her up and binge-watched like 10 of her videos in a row, haha. Thanks for the accidental recommendation!

I think I am going to have a veggie burger, potato wedges and salad.

They brought me a different burger to the one I ordered in the shopping. I think it is the Linda McCartney pulled pork one.

Today is our anniversary. Since all out local restaurants and bars are closed for dine in service, my boyfriend and I are going to try to find a nice place that is offering take out service still, so we can have a nice dinner to celebrate the occasion.

Congratulations.

One of my favourites is Cheap Lazy Vegan. If you haven't seen her before, look her up.:)

I watch her sometimes.

• Friendly
Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC