Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'd say it all depends on the spices. I hate cumin with a vengeance. Not too keen on garlic but I really like tasty food; :D
Haha, i have very odd relationships with cumin either: i used to hate it when i was little, but after a trip to Czech republic (where EVERY single food was overloaded with cumin) i became more tolerate about it. I can stand it in certain foods, like sauerkraut, or rye bread, but most of the time its super strong taste (due to high levels of polyphenols) is overwhelming, and it spoils the taste of other products.😁

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Haha, i have very odd relationships with cumin either: i used to hate it when i was little, but after a trip to Czech republic (where EVERY single food was overloaded with cumin) i became more tolerate about it. I can stand it in certain foods, like sauerkraut, or rye bread, but most of the time its super strong taste (due to high levels of polyphenols) is overwhelming, and it spoils the taste of other products.😁

I absolutely loathe it. I'm also not keen with garlic everywhere especially when it's oxidized.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
I watched Jane Esselstyn's youtube yesterday where they made kale burgers which are really kidney bean burgers with kale and other stuff in them. They looked so good and I do love that bean combo/burger and have usually used black beans so will try the kidney beans and maybe make it a little bit like chili burgers. I have some already cooked potato and carrot in the fridge so will add that in, saute some onions and garlic and jalapenos and spice it up. Will have to be green chard instead of kale too. Mouth watering.

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Romano beans, sauteed in sumac, cayenne salsa and yeast seasoning;
Raw cauliflower with Armenian-style sauce;
Pickled yuba;
Georgian-style cabbage;
Kiwies, Iranian dates; Granny Smith apples;
Pomegranate juice; chokeberry juice. 🐨

• Friendly
My brother is coming over tonight to help my boyfriend build his new computer. Since my mum lives in my same condo development, I invited her over so we can all have a family dinner together. I am making a modified version of a cheeseburger soup recipe that my boyfriend and I have tried and enjoyed in the past. It's fast, easy and filling, so I think it's a good choice.

last night was gochujang marinaded tofu with rice and sauted vegetables - so delicious

tonight is Saturday so it is olio alio night.... starving as I only had a smoothie this morning and then out hunting and gathering in the supermarkets...

Emma JC

• Love
  • Friendly
Reactions: Poppy and Val
I'm going to have to start on the stockpile of pasta soon. But tonight will be Beyond Burgers, since they're thawed and not much else since we ate lunch late.

A salad of raw shredded beets, raw cauliflower and local "lady finger" tomatoes with georgian Satzebeli sauce and apple cider vinegar;
Pickled yuba;
A couple leaves of raw kapusta;
Iranian dates, Granny Smith apples, dried papaya;
Azeri pomegranate juice.

• Friendly
I made soy curls with broccoli and orzo in a garlicky gravy! :lick:. Soooo glad I have more garlic from Trader Joes than I need- It's the only one I know is organic and grown here, and I'll be using more for it's magical stuff!
A cup of white tea