Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

A soy curl chik'n style soup- as in I cooked carrots celery onion and potato in no chik;n broth, with soy curls, and added orchette pasta
It's half gone already.
I think meal prepping just cause everybody to overeat!

I was 'distracted' this evening and so just got around to dinner.

I preboiled a bunch of potatoes yesterday and so I took out 4 of them, cut them into 4 wedges each and then mashed them down with a fork. Sprinkled them with onion powder, garlic powder and chipotle powder and have them in the oven under the broiler. Will serve with one sausage each, chipotle and mustard.

I found the idea yesterday on youtube, Potato Wisdom, and so thought I would give it a try. They are supposed to be nice and crunchy.

They are smelling good so far.

Emma JC

I was 'distracted' this evening and so just got around to dinner.

I preboiled a bunch of potatoes yesterday and so I took out 4 of them, cut them into 4 wedges each and then mashed them down with a fork. Sprinkled them with onion powder, garlic powder and chipotle powder and have them in the oven under the broiler. Will serve with one sausage each, chipotle and mustard.

I found the idea yesterday on youtube, Potato Wisdom, and so thought I would give it a try. They are supposed to be nice and crunchy.

They are smelling good so far.

Emma JC

oh man, these potato smashed wedges were amazingly good and a big hit with my honey, I should have done twice as many

I highly recommend both preboiling whole potatoes and storing them in the fridge and making toasty crunchy wedges this way.

We also had some sauerkraut, slightly warmed, and some cherry tomatoes on the side with the sausage.

Emma JC

I will have the last of the American chop suey with a salad.
I'm sorry, may i ask you? What does your "American chop suey" consist of? And why is it American? (I googled it, but there are many varieties...) :???: If i'm not mistaken, the last time, yours consisted of veggies only? (Or it wasn't you???) I saw them (somewhere) containing pasta as well, and even mushrooms). Weird...:shrug:

I'm sorry, may i ask you? What does your "American chop suey" consist of? And why is it American? (I googled it, but there are many varieties...) :???: If i'm not mistaken, the last time, yours consisted of veggies only? (Or it wasn't you???) I saw them (somewhere) containing pasta as well, and even mushrooms). Weird...:shrug:
No worries, Val! It's a regional thing with the name, I think. In some areas of the country, it's call goulash. My version is pasta (usually elbow macaroni) with ground seitan and veggie balls in a tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic and other spices. I also put green peppers in when I have them (all diced up). It's kind of like a stovetop casserole rather than a baked one. It's actually really good the second day because the pasta absorbs all the sauce.

I had miso soup and a spinach fatayer. And a glass of red non-alchoholic wine, which is not nearly as good as the white variety.

I am interested in non-alcoholic wine. I've never had it. I want to decrease my alcohol consumption to special occasions, but I really enjoy the taste of wine, which is a problem.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
So far I have had a handful of raw baby carrots, half an apple, and what was left of my vanilla coconut almond cream. I may or may not have some lentil soup later. I want to go grocery shopping tomorrow, I am not at all interested in the left over half-bowl of Amy's vegan mac n cheese in my fridge.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
I am interested in non-alcoholic wine. I've never had it. I want to decrease my alcohol consumption to special occasions, but I really enjoy the taste of wine, which is a problem.

Have you ever tried some of Welch's 100% grape juice Concord flavour? you might get some satisfaction from that.

Emma JC

Reactions: Val

I'm not drinking for the time being, so I'm trying all the non-alcoholic versions of my favorite alcohols that I can find. :lol:

Sadly, I haven't found a whole lot in the wine department. The brand I like is St. Regis, and I can only find it here at Total Wine. I like the Chardonnay or the Shiraz, chilled. But it really doesn't taste like "wine". It tastes more like a not-too-sweet white grape juice. I'm used to it now, and have it nearly every night at home. Sutter Home makes the Fre brand of non-alcoholic wines, but I find them to be too sweet.

It's kind of like switching to vegan cheese - if you expect it to taste like what you're used to, you're probably going to be a little disappointed. But if lower your expectations and you keep trying, you'll probably start to like it. :lol:

I do love a Beck's NA beer with dinners as well.

Last edited:
A bowl of cream of cauliflower soup with broccoli/yeast flakes and a drizzle of evo.
A small bowl of salad; gem lettuce, mushrooms, walnuts/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Strawberries.
A glass of no added sulphite, red wine from Lidl.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val