Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Hello Shyvas

Your food always sounds great, far more sophisticated than my own. Spiced lentil soup with Nooch (from the BOSH! cookbook) and wholemeal bread for lunch, and peanut butter on oatcakes for tea. Just because I can't be harissed....

I'd gladly cook for all of you lot if I could. :D

I love oat cakes and wish that I had some.

it's Saturday - it's aglio olio once again

this time with some of the leftover homemade hardtack type whole wheat bread from last night with garlic and hummus on it, reheated

Emma JC

I'd gladly cook for all of you lot if I could. :D

I love oat cakes and wish that I had some.
Hello Shyvas

Aw, that's a nice offer, you could always post it! ;)

I have a couple of packs of super seeded protein ones, if you would like some posted let me know! Although they may get broken on the way....?

Or, more likely, 'confiscated'.....

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Following on from some tasty examples from you lot on here - thanks for the inspiration:

Hearty, herby stew (still working through the B***! one) other cookbooks are available!

It's got the following: new potatoes, onion (not the shallots in the recipe), celery, carrot, garlic, lemon juice, yeast spread, Dijohn mustard, olive oil (to fry the diced veg), savoy cabbage (couldn't find Cavalo Nero), cannelli beans and green lentils (both from tin), seasoned with salt and pepper, but also fresh rosemary, bay leaf and sage (using my own herbs in the garden), dried thyme, and fresh parsley from supermarket), plus 750ml veg stock (from a cube) and a small dash of white wine. I bought one of those tiny bottles (197ml I think), of the cheapest one I could get.

The smell of chopped fresh herbs, and going out into the sunshine, feeling the warm breeze, was great. Cooking it all brought out all those delicious smells of sauteing onion, celery and carrots, garlic, like cooking up the scents of summer. And the colours were lovely, bright greens, dark greens, creamy new potatoes, orange carrots, etc. You top it off with Nooch and more parsley, I felt like it hit all the senses - smell, sight, touch taste. Best of all it makes 4 portions, so I'll have a bit tomorrow too, and some for freezing. Uuuummmmm. :drool:

it's Saturday - it's aglio olio once again

this time with some of the leftover homemade hardtack type whole wheat bread from last night with garlic and hummus on it, reheated

Emma JC
Hello Emma JC

Ooh, love hummus. I had to google what that was, in my ignorance, but it sounds like filling comfort food to me. :)

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
We made a double batch of the chickpea cutlets, so we had the scallopini version for dinner Saturday and Sunday night. Tonight we are going to try preparing them like chicken Parmesan.
I love the idea of the chicken Parm cutlets. I might have to try that the next time I make cutlets. I'm still on my sesame ginger tofu stir-fry. I have one serving left, which will be for tonight. I will be making a nut roast for Easter. My family and I might do a virtual dinner, and we can see what everyone's having and just chat.

something with beans... maybe will make my own refried (basically just immersion blend them) and make a bean dip with tortilla chips

have a crock pot full of navy, northern and pinto beans - normally make bean soup but am feeling lazy and hungry as we skipped lunch today

Emma JC

something with beans... maybe will make my own refried (basically just immersion blend them) and make a bean dip with tortilla chips

have a crock pot full of navy, northern and pinto beans - normally make bean soup but am feeling lazy and hungry as we skipped lunch today

Emma JC

okay I have decided - whole wheat large tortillas with beans and peppers and onions, salsa, olives, pica de gallo, rolled ups we call them and some greens and cheeze on top

Emma JC

Reactions: Irene Adler
A slaw ; white cabbage, carrots and raw beetroot plus sliced seitan/yeast flakes/vinaigrette.
A slice of ww multi seed bread with spread.
A fruit salad ; kiwis, raspberries & blueberries.
A glass of chardonnay.

Quorn spicy chicken patty (the regular patties aren’t vegan here so I have to go with spicy, which is fine), vegan mayo, ketchup, onions, pickles and daiya cheddar on a bun. Why do I feel like I can eat four of them. No worries, I didn’t, lol. I just feel like I want to.