Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I had a Quorn fishless fillet with half a baked potato with cherry toms, cucumber and gherkins. This was around 4 pm.

I had a few spoonfuls of PB and a raspberry chocolate afterwards as I felt a bit hungry. :angel: All delicious.

Tasty Bite indian packets on rice tonight. Bombay potatoes, eggplant and ancient grains. It's too hot to cook. 7pm and still 32 degrees C - 90F with humidity it feels like 40C - 104F.

Emma JC

I had a Quorn fishless fillet with half a baked potato with cherry toms, cucumber and gherkins. This was around 4 pm.

I had a few spoonfuls of PB and a raspberry chocolate afterwards as I felt a bit hungry. :angel: All delicious.

I've never had Quorn fishless fillets. I'm curious to know what they taste like as I love all Quorn products.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
^ I really like them and so does my husband. I had only had them once or twice but I just ordered some more in my Tesco order. I get the ones with the salt and vinegar batter.

How do you reheat them ; in the oven or in the frying pan?

I do the fillets in the oven but you probably can fry them. The batter is nice and crispy.

I don't know what to have for dinner now as my lunch filled me up so much that I could only eat half of it!

How do you reheat them ; in the oven or in the frying pan?
I bet you can air fry them! 😊 I’ve never seen the fish Quorn. I can barely find vegan Quorn here as it is other than the spicy chicken patty and tenders. Sometimes I can get more variety through vegan essentials online.

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I bet you can air fry them! 😊 I’ve never seen the fish Quorn. I can barely find vegan Quorn here as it is other than the spicy chicken patty and tenders. Sometimes I can get more variety through vegan essentials online.

I usually use my air fryer. However, I also use my frying pan. It really depends on my mood.

Reactions: KLS52
we love the Gardein fish fillets (can you get them in the UK?) - we do them in the oven and I usually try to throw a pan of potatoes wedges or chunks in the oven at the same time - hmmm now my mouth is watering, may have to have them tonight - they are a bit greasy and so we only have them every two weeks or so - sometimes with potatoes and sometimes with caesar salad

Emma JC

A veggie burger with sauteed courgettes, peeled diced tomatoes/evo/yeast flakes.
Raspberries & soya yogurt/stevia.
A elderflower gin cocktail - my pal came over and we had a drink.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
we love the Gardein fish fillets (can you get them in the UK?) - we do them in the oven and I usually try to throw a pan of potatoes wedges or chunks in the oven at the same time - hmmm now my mouth is watering, may have to have them tonight - they are a bit greasy and so we only have them every two weeks or so - sometimes with potatoes and sometimes with caesar salad

Emma JC
I tried them a few times. At first I really liked them. Then for some reason I was turned off by them. They came out kind of hard/chewy not flaky like I had remembered. I wonder if I overcooked them. I tend to like things on the dry side, not juicy so maybe I should try again. I’m kind of in the mood for a fake McDonald’s fillet o fish...I can make tartar sauce with Vegenaise and add a Daiya cheddar slice... :lick:

• Love
Reactions: Val and Emma JC
I tried them a few times. At first I really liked them. Then for some reason I was turned off by them. They came out kind of hard/chewy not flaky like I had remembered. I wonder if I overcooked them. I tend to like things on the dry side, not juicy so maybe I should try again. I’m kind of in the mood for a fake McDonald’s fillet o fish...I can make tartar sauce with Vegenaise and add a Daiya cheddar slice... :lick:

Some UK shops stock them including Sainsbury's however, I really don't like them. They have a strange taste and texture. Give me Gardein Crabless cakes anyday. :D

Reactions: Emma JC
I haven't tried any Gardein products yet. I should do. I haven't been able to get a slot at Sainbury's during the whole of lockdown so I stopped trying.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Emma JC
last night was an amazing dinner - gnocchi with garlic, onion, whole pitted kalamata olives, handfuls of spring greens mixed in and 2 Italian Fieldroast sausages chopped into gnocchi size pieces and mixed in as well - the endorphins after were a kick....

Emma JC

Reactions: Val