Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Supper - Tofu, noodles and broccoli plus Patak's korma veggie meal pouch (see link).

lunch was Diva brand Aloo Mutter, I like to keep a variety of India veggie meals in a pouch. I like Patak's cooking sauces a lot and bought these veggie meals . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
A pan fried dish ; courgette & veggie mince seasoned with lemon pepper, garlic and smoked paprika plus come jalapeno paste (Aldi) served with a drizzle of evo and sliced avocado.
Alpro coconut yogurt with rapsberries.
A glass of chilled Chilean chardonnay plus some green olives.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
last night I needed to use up some potatoes and sweet potatoes and a butternut squash, the potatoes were growing tendrils and roots... lol

I chopped them up and boiled them leaving some skin on the potatoes, then mashed them lightly with some dried chives.

We had a huge mound on our plates and we put a bit of budder, turmeric/pepper, nutritional yeast and salt.

On the side we had Gardein Fish with malt vinegar on it.

Popcorn later for snack.

Emma JC

Reactions: Val
"Mesivo" of boiled barley and raw chopped cabbage with pickle brine and yeast seasoning;
Sauerkraut;
Honeycrisp and Granny Smith apples;
Sesame seeds;
My last savings of dried papaya;
Steeped oregano and steeped sage.

no bun burgers and cast iron corn
Cast iron corn! I want that! Last time I got corn they were $1 an ear! I've never seen corn so high! I got two and they were very good, but...
Produce has been extremely hit or miss here. If you can't visibly see whether it's good or not, it's likely not!

I had some tacos with soy chorizo, refried beans and teh cashew sour creme with tomatoes again
I want something chesey so bad, like mac and chese made with Daiya cheddar

Oh yeah, I made a turky seitan! That's tomorrow though

whole wheat burrito soft wraps with Gardein chicken, red peppers, onions and wee bit o' cheez inside - spiced rice - wraps topped with onion/olive/tomato lime juice pice, lettuce and a bit more cheeze - yum, it is coming right up as honey is doin' the wrappin'

Emma JC

I might be crazy, but i realize that only 3 portions of amaranth left, and i'll be deprived of it very soon, so i took pictures in order to memorize it. Goodbye, my gorgeous amaranth (i need to make up my mind and order it someday). I was eating it for lunch, and i'll be eating it for supper. And maybe tomorrow.
IMG_20200719_143204.jpg

IMG_20200719_143051.jpg

We are also eating these (i had to share, lol). Blin, they are delicious. Like we say: "Khorosho, no malo!" ("It's good, but it's not enough").😆
IMG_20200719_192134.jpg

And look what Unghshu has obtained in our countryside kiosk.:pig: Poor vendor had to read the list of ingredients for me, because they frequently put dairy cream in horseradish. But this one turned out to be vegan! I'll devour a half with my supper, as it's not tangy at all. :drool:
IMG_20200719_191912.jpg

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I made a dish using all the leftovers that I had in the fridge ; a white aubergine & tofu, tomato stew (including different herbs and spices- with black Greek olives. I'm going to serve it at room temperature with a glass of chilled chardonnay as it's stifling hot.

Rhubarb compote with Alpro coconut yogurt for dessert.