Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night was a huge meal - I decided to try a tofu pineapple stir fry on noodles and put in a ton of veggies so it looked massive - marinated the cubed tofu in pineapple juice, vinegar, a bit of tamariu, garlic and ginger powder then put in the oven until crispy - for the stir fry garlic, onion,s red pepper, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, carrot, celery and the pineapple, of course and then put in the tofu at the end and served over noodles

Emma JC

Mesivo of red beans, overnight oats and a bunch of chopped beet greens with capsicum salsa;
Sauerkraut and pickled cuckes;
Dried mango chunks and dried papaya sticks;
"Northern grapes", a.k.a. black gooseberries and strawberries from our garden;
Steeped oregano.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
gnocchi night, last night - added some onions and garlic to some zesty spaghetti sauce and also two Gardein meatballs and 8 Gardein beef tips - when gnocchi was cooked I then threw in a bunch of greens (spinach/arugula) and then added the sauce/meatballs/beef tips, sprinkled on chili peppers and nutritional yeast

Emma JC

last night as we discussed what we wished to have for dinner, I told my honey that I had a package of Field Roast Frankfurters - he then told me a story from his childhood (lots of kids, not a lot of money) where his mom would take a package of weiners and put them in the oven with a bbq type sauce that she made and then she would serve it over rice - so that is what we made last night - scored the frankfurters (4) and mixed up a sauce with a ketchup, mustard base, put them in a loaf pan, as it was the perfect size, poured on the sauce and put it in the oven for 25 minutes

served it over white rice - it was not the healthiest of meals for sure but very tasty and childhood memories were revived

Emma JC

A gigantic salad of farro, finely chopped kapusta and local tomatoes with capsicum salsa and a few ounces of sauerkraut brine;
Pickled cuckes;
Sauerkraut itself;
Fresh gooseberries;
Dried papaya;
Herbal tea of oregano, thyme and satureja (summer savory).

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Mesivo of farro and corn with hot cayenne salsa;
Sauerkraut;
Steeped oregano;
Cashews, almonds, prunes and dried apricots;
Dried mango and papaya.
P.S... i know that it's very hard to obtain farro (it isn't an easy task: mom has to go to crowded "Crossroads" for that,- plus, sometimes farro is out of stock). But i love it so much, that i can eat it plain, without anything.😆 So i'm trying to be frugal, but still trying to occasionally treat myself with farro.😋💖

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
since I put on a crock pot of beans the night before, I made my veggie bean soup for dinner, into which I put everything but the kitchen sink lol

It was delicious and we ate a small baguette with it.

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Unghshu has overeaten, and i feel like a boa constrictor.:lol: I ate the leftovers: the rest of farro and pre-chopped kapusta, plus i added a tomato, which was obviously excessive. I also ate some blueberries. But then i felt bored and devoured a bunch of pre-soaked cashews. (I had to swallow a LOT of pancreatine pills to digest all this stuff).:hmm: I cut 2 apples into pieces in hope that i'll eat them at 9a.m. (this it the time when everybody wakes me up with loud talk and screams). I'm hoping to have some more sleep later, when everyone finishes his breakfast and goes outside.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
last night was leftover bean veggie soup from the night before - it was super tasty again and had just a few crackers with it and some popcorn for a snack after

Emma JC

Reactions: Val