Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I just bought all the stuff to make my pizza tonight. I'm just proofing my dough right now. I have a pizza stone, but I would sure love a cob oven in my backyard. One of these days...anyhow, it will be topped with sliced hot Italian Beyond sausage, red onion, fresh basil, fresh sliced heirloom tomatoes, and some green olives.

While my dough is proofing, I'm going outside to work in the garden. Darn morning glory is out of control in my yard. I work so hard at keeping it out, but it just keeps sprouting up. It's about the only thing I've seen give mint a run for its money.

last night I reheated the leftover rice/beans/veggies and then steamed a large head of broccoli and some bok choy - mixed a bit of sauce for the steamed veggies from hummus, maple syrup, lemon juice, prepared mustard and garlic powder - all tasty

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and KLS52
last night I reheated the leftover rice/beans/veggies and then steamed a large head of broccoli and some bok choy - mixed a bit of sauce for the steamed veggies from hummus, maple syrup, lemon juice, prepared mustard and garlic powder - all tasty

Emma JC
I love using hummus as a base. I make my salad dressing from hummus. I may have to try this for veggies.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
I love using hummus as a base. I make my salad dressing from hummus. I may have to try this for veggies.

yes, this makes it so simple and I am grateful to MinimalistBaker and LovingItVegan for the suggestion - also put a 1/2 tsp of caper juice in - I also just mixed it in a bowl rather than using the Bullet and that makes me more interested in doing it regularly - so easy and so tasty and you can add any components that you love and are healthy like turmic/pepper, vinegar, spices

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and KLS52
yes, this makes it so simple and I am grateful to MinimalistBaker and LovingItVegan for the suggestion - also put a 1/2 tsp of caper juice in - I also just mixed it in a bowl rather than using the Bullet and that makes me more interested in doing it regularly - so easy and so tasty and you can add any components that you love and are healthy like turmic/pepper, vinegar, spices

Emma JC
Yes I totally agree.

Reactions: Emma JC
Ooo! Amaranth greens!😍😍😍 *getting green-ish out of envy* :lol:
That is so great that you have an access to amaranth greens, because we can only buy pre-packed seeds (occasionally). Amaranth is my life-long love affair.💚
Amaranth Greens are one of the many African Indigenous Vegetables available here. Anyways, they are quite costly largely because of their scarcity and partly due to their health reward. Another favourite is African Nightshade.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
A banger with sauteed courgettes, steamed French beans with lemon pepper, evo & yeast flakes.
Alpro salted caramel swirl ice cream.
A glass of chilled chardonnay with pesto flavoured green olives.