Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Mixed salad that I bought back from the organic restaurant. I added some sliced peeled beef tomatoes and more vinaigrette.
Alpro mango (nas) yogurt.
A glass of Zinfandel - blush.

Reactions: Val
last night was a delicious meal, other than the salad (the caesar dressing I made was literally too hot for us to finish the salad) - parboiled potatoes and then spiced an baked in the oven with Gardein fish sticks and made a caesar salad for the side

I made a dressing that I mentioned before, it calls for hot mustard and raw garlic - I used Keene's dry mustard in it and it must get hotter when combined with lemon juice and garlic... has anyone else had this experience - my spouse can eat really really hot foods and even he could not finish the salad - we regularly mix the mustard with water to use on Fieldroast sausages so I am not sure why it happened.... at first I thought it was the two huge cloves of raw garlic that was so hot but now I think it might have been the mustard? thoughts?

Emma JC

I am going to have steamed asparagus with vegan cheese and a salad.

last night was a delicious meal, other than the salad (the caesar dressing I made was literally too hot for us to finish the salad) - parboiled potatoes and then spiced an baked in the oven with Gardein fish sticks and made a caesar salad for the side

I made a dressing that I mentioned before, it calls for hot mustard and raw garlic - I used Keene's dry mustard in it and it must get hotter when combined with lemon juice and garlic... has anyone else had this experience - my spouse can eat really really hot foods and even he could not finish the salad - we regularly mix the mustard with water to use on Fieldroast sausages so I am not sure why it happened.... at first I thought it was the two huge cloves of raw garlic that was so hot but now I think it might have been the mustard? thoughts?

Emma JC

I think mustard can be quite strong sometimes. It makes my eyes water.

Emma JC

Mustard (especially powder) plus raw garlic is very overpowering. As you don't use oil, why don't you dilute the mixture (including the lemon juice) with either some
pb yogurt/cream or milk ? I often make salad dressing using the latter three.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
I am going to have steamed asparagus with vegan cheese and a salad.

I think mustard can be quite strong sometimes. It makes my eyes water.
Lol, we call it: "Gortchitza - vyrvi glaz" ("Mustard - tear out your eye"). :lol: It's also applicable to horseradish (the one that you make yourself, not the one that is sold in grocers). The more "eye tearing" you get while eating these 2 substances (mustard and horseradish), the more you can be sure that you're getting high-quality beneficial condiments, packed with micro-nutrients and vitamins, etc.

Reactions: Emma JC
A 'sea' finger with sliced peeled beef tomates, steamed green asparagus, radish, avocados with evo and a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salt.
Apricots & nectarines.
A glass of chilled Zinfandel - blush.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Mustard (especially powder) plus raw garlic is very overpowering. As you don't use oil, why don't you dilute the mixture (including the lemon juice) with either some
pb yogurt/cream or milk ? I often make salad dressing using the latter three.

good ideas, thank you - I will reduce the amount of raw garlic also and maybe add some garlic powder and I will use already prepared mustard or just a 1/4 teaspoon of the dry...

Emma JC

Reactions: Val
Last night was taco night and that was very good and this afternoon my honey is making pea soup so we will have that early with some bread as we skipped lunch today and only had a smoothie for breakfast.

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven and Val
Seitan gyros! My favorite gyro-style seitan is so easy. Penzeys Lamb and their Turkish blends, 2 tsp each, 1.5 cups vwg , cracked black pepper, 6 cloves minced garlic. 1.5 cups water with 1 Tblsp better than boullion no beef and 1 Tblsp Braggs, two Tblsp oil. Mix till combined, cover and let rest all day (or night). It is wet. Wrap in foil and steam over water in Instant Pot for 2 hours. A tender easily sliced loaf.

I made soy yogurt and made naan with 2 cups flour and 1 cup yogurt and 1/2 teap baking powder. rested. Made flatbreads and baked at 450 F on parchment, turning after 5 min

Soy yogurt strained and mixed with za'taar, mint, cukes and onions

Foccacia evo:rosemary.jpg
Rosemary (from the garden) focaccia with evo & Maldon sea salt made with Italian 00 flour served with 1/2 schnitzel, chickpeas, avocados, radishes, beef tomatoes ( sliced & peeled) green asparagus, red roast peppers, cucumbers, vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Apricots & nectarines.
A pink gin cocktail.

An Aldi veggie burger on toasted sourdough bread with vegan cheez, onions, sliced tomato, pickles, lettuce, arugula and mustard; handful of potato chips, beer.

1/2 a wiener schnitzel with sliced peeled beef tomatoes, avocados, radishes with vinaigrette yeast flakes.
Alpro coconut yogurt.
Apricots.
A pink gin cocktail plus green olives.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val