Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Over the weekend we made seitan beer bratwurst which we had for lunch with mashed potatoes, peas, sauerkraut and homemade mushroom gravy a couple days in a row. The remaining sausage became a pizza topping for our dinner last night, along with onion, garlic, bell peppers, green olives and jalapeno. The leftover cold pizza will be dinner tonight. My next big plan is to make a seitan ham roast and use part of it to make a casserole.

I made a rather odd combination for my dinner last night. I have plenty of leftovers for lunch today too, which pleases me to no end. I thought I would try some beyond sausages. So...I made a curry with some wonderful roasted veggies added to it, and added chopped up beyond sausages to the concoction. It was pleasantly quite delicious. Who would've thought?

I made a rather odd combination for my dinner last night. I have plenty of leftovers for lunch today too, which pleases me to no end. I thought I would try some beyond sausages. So...I made a curry with some wonderful roasted veggies added to it, and added chopped up beyond sausages to the concoction. It was pleasantly quite delicious. Who would've thought?

In "our latitudes", any odd combinations are called just "MESIVO".:lol: Derives from the word "mesit'" ("to stir"). It means that you put into your meal everything that is available at the moment. But who cares if it turns out delicious? We also have an expression "Gol' na vidumke(u) hitra" ("Necessity is the mother of invention"). This is the main rule for all times here!🤗 Because you can wait for ages, until you possess all ingredients for your meal (in its traditional way). But instead, you can also reveal creativity and invent something new, unexpected and yummy.

last night I tried sticky rice in the rice cooker for the first time - unfortunately I did not read any instructions for doing so until this morning so I made a bit of a mess as it makes lots of bubbles.... I should have let is sit and soak for at least 40 minutes first, after rinsing really well (which I did do)

anyways, it did turn out very tasty and we made a veggie stir fry with carrots, celery, garlic, onions, lots of broccoli and added black bean sauce and I also made a half pack of Gardein Beef Tips to put on top and the entire meal was so so tasty and satisfying

Emma JC

Pretty simple tonight. I had PB&J sandwiches on my homemade whole wheat bread. Jelly was a blended mixture of blueberries, water and raw sugar.

Reactions: PTree15
I had a few nibbles with a cocktail at my friends ; green olives, chickpea puree with mini multi grain crostini, sliced fennel, aubergine caviar on multigrain crispbread, mixed nuts and mini knackis.

Last night we had baked potatoes topped with leftover butternut sqush mash, sauteed bell peppers and the mushroom gravy we made earlier in the week. For a meal designed around clearing out the fridge before grocery day, it was VERY yummy. It tasted like Thanksgiving side dishes.