Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I want to try making buffalo seitan burgers. And I want to add vegan mac and cheez to it to mimic an item I saw on a menu at a vegan restaurant near me. ..
So these came out a little rubbery, mostly likely because I used regular flour instead of chickpea flour (which I'm out of). That said, once I dredged them in a flour mix and fried them with the buffalo sauce and a little oil, they were pretty tasty! I need to make the mac and cheez crispy, but it was a fine addition. This is so not a healthy meal, haha, but it sure took care of a comfort food craving. :D I added pesto to the roll because I didn't have any extra greens. It makes 8 patties, but I think I would make them a bit smaller and maybe get 10 out of the batch. I will try these again with chickpea flour next time. :)

So these came out a little rubbery, mostly likely because I used regular flour instead of chickpea flour (which I'm out of). That said, once I dredged them in a flour mix and fried them with the buffalo sauce and a little oil, they were pretty tasty! I need to make the mac and cheez crispy, but it was a fine addition. This is so not a healthy meal, haha, but it sure took care of a comfort food craving. :D I added pesto to the roll because I didn't have any extra greens. It makes 8 patties, but I think I would make them a bit smaller and maybe get 10 out of the batch. I will try these again with chickpea flour next time. :)
That's funny, I made sausages using chickpea flour and regretted it as soon as I mixed it in 🙄 . I've been making seitan with tofu for the last several times, but not sausages, so I went back to the old recipe sausage. They're out now, and I swear I can taste the chickpea- 2 cups vwg to about 1/3 chickpea flour and 1/2 nooch. I used a jerk seasoning blend from Penzeys, red pepper, and garlic
I know of course tomorrow will be different. Ever since I tasted Beyond sausage I've been spoiled - I love those so much! :weird:

What recipe did you use for the seitan burgers?:cool:

That's funny, I made sausages using chickpea flour and regretted it as soon as I mixed it in 🙄 . I've been making seitan with tofu for the last several times, but not sausages, so I went back to the old recipe sausage. They're out now, and I swear I can taste the chickpea- 2 cups vwg to about 1/3 chickpea flour and 1/2 nooch. I used a jerk seasoning blend from Penzeys, red pepper, and garlic
I know of course tomorrow will be different. Ever since I tasted Beyond sausage I've been spoiled - I love those so much! :weird:
Hmm, I guess technically I could use my regular seitan recipe for a burger. It has tahini as the x factor, and I love both the flavor andthe texture. I could just shape it into patties instead of rectangles. I have not made seitan using tofu. So many options!

Reactions: Val
All the chese sauce recipes are running together! :shrug: I don't know what I like!
I just made this one that I've saved, and had higher hopes for--it's still in the blender, and I'm cooking pasta shells for it now, but right now i'm unsure how I much I like it or how it compares!
I think I'll bake it and top half with Daiya cheddare block shreds
My sausages are much better today though!
and I finally got frozen broccoli :up:

LOL that looks so complicated.:D
It was more time-consuming that complicated. :D I might look for other recipes. Almost all of the ones I've come across include chickpea flour, which under normal circumstances isn't a problem, but I've been keeping my grocery runs to a minimum during the coronavirus. I've had tasty ones at restaurants, so good ones can be had.

I used this recipe. I also would reduce the amount of vegan Worcestershire sauce. It was a little heavy on that.

I'm going to make a buffalo seitan wrap, but first I need to make flatbread. :D
That batter sound good! I never fry anything only because it's messy, but I'd luvvvvv some battered and fried chicky seitan!
Why can't we get a good vegan fast food restaurant here! Not plant based, down and dirty fried stuff!'
and I wish I'd bought the Fresh thyme worcheshire when I was last there, it really is good, and my son used most of it--and I don't think he was shaking it !

That batter sound good! I never fry anything only because it's messy, but I'd luvvvvv some battered and fried chicky seitan!
Why can't we get a good vegan fast food restaurant here! Not plant based, down and dirty fried stuff!'
and I wish I'd bought the Fresh thyme worcheshire when I was last there, it really is good, and my son used most of it--and I don't think he was shaking it !
The batter was good, though I didn't have soy yogurt (since I don't like it, haha), so I used almond milk for the liquid. I would imaging something thicker like yogurt would make the flour mix stick better.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val