Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Specifically when we make Indian curry recipes, but no other time, we get "Burn" warnings on the Instant Pot, despite following the recipes to the letter. Last time it was aloo ghobi and by the time we were able to get the instant pot to run it's full cycle, the veggies were so overcooked I couldn't stomach them. Trying to salvage our Aloo Saag now by sauteeing it til the raw potatoes cook and hoping for the best.
Thankfully it turned out a success. Happy bellies all around.

Specifically when we make Indian curry recipes, but no other time, we get "Burn" warnings on the Instant Pot, despite following the recipes to the letter. Last time it was aloo ghobi and by the time we were able to get the instant pot to run it's full cycle, the veggies were so overcooked I couldn't stomach them. Trying to salvage our Aloo Saag now by sauteeing it til the raw potatoes cook and hoping for the best.
You're not mixing in tomatoes are you?

Dinner on the deck. I am having what I had last night but less of it because i was so full, lol. Aldi buffalo chikn tenders (made buffalo by me), pasta salad and three-bean salad...and I added a beer, which I did not have last night. 😁

20200612_180511.jpg

Today is official Mushroom Day! lol, I just made that up, but I like the idea :idea:

So I am taking a medley of my favorite mushrooms today and putting them in my trusty smoker. I find this method adds a much better flavour to Gaz Oakley's meaty mushroom recipe (click here). So after they're smoked, delicately, I plan on using that method of searing the shrooms, using two cast iron frying pans. My BBQ sauce will be a bit different than the one they use, but that's my own little secret ingredient.

I'm not sure what I will serve them with. I might just do them burger style.

• Wow
Reactions: silva and Val
Today is official Mushroom Day! lol, I just made that up, but I like the idea :idea:

So I am taking a medley of my favorite mushrooms today and putting them in my trusty smoker. I find this method adds a much better flavour to Gaz Oakley's meaty mushroom recipe (click here). So after they're smoked, delicately, I plan on using that method of searing the shrooms, using two cast iron frying pans. My BBQ sauce will be a bit different than the one they use, but that's my own little secret ingredient.

I'm not sure what I will serve them with. I might just do them burger style.

I have seen that video before and just want to have it served to me! THAT kind of cooking is what leads me to restaurants--not that I know of any that have them...
I don't even know where I could get oyster mushrooms like that? Asian store has kind and trumpet...
That sauce is interesting.
I'd love to see a pic of yours if you could!

I don't even know where I could get oyster mushrooms like that? Asian store has kind and trumpet...

Well, evidently they're not that hard to grow. I might try that one day, myself, as oyster mushrooms are quite expensive. It's a shame you can't find them. They're in most grocery stores here, but as I mentioned, expensive. King Oyster mushrooms are delicious too. I love them!

I don't think I've met a mushroom I didn't like ;)

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Well, evidently they're not that hard to grow. I might try that one day, myself, as oyster mushrooms are quite expensive. It's a shame you can't find them. They're in most grocery stores here, but as I mentioned, expensive. King Oyster mushrooms are delicious too. I love them!

I don't think I've met a mushroom I didn't like ;)

I did. Enoki! Maybe how I prepared them, but the texture was stringy!
There's so many I hadn't tried, like Hen of the Woods, and the oysters.

1592081582254.png

@silva

If you haven't tried King Oyster, I highly recommend those. They're very mild in flavour, but also have a stringy consistency. I shred them on purpose, and pan saute those, usually. I do like a little smoke on them beforehand. They work great for a mock pulled pork style bun-wich with a heap of coleslaw.

Hen of the woods would work great for Gaz's method. They recommend cluster type mushrooms. I love your typical oyster mushrooms a lot (picture below). They just have a wonderful flavor and texture. The truth is I haven't met a mushroom I didn't like.

1592088511129.png

A veggie & nut burger with sauteed seasoned courgettes plus a tossed green batavia salad, vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Strawberries & soya yogurt/stevia.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

Reactions: Val and HappyRoxy