Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I love rice! I don't like it when it's sticky or in gravy, or cooked like risotto, but Jasmine white. basmati, and brown I like a lot. I haven't had black rice in a long time
My black rice supply is over...:???: I want to make one of my favourite dishes (mesivo of black rice and purple cabbage with teriyaki sauce), but neither black rice nor purple cabbage is around. So i guess i'll be stuffing my face with red rice, which has a lot more arsenic. And cabbage... i'll see what mom can find. (Today she found a great head of green-ish napa-cabbage, and i'm already happy about that). Teriyaki is hard to be found (it's out of stock in neighbourhood grocers, because now they carry the essentials, as it seems to them). Well, nothing works with my mesivo, in a nutshell.😁
I used to eat tons of rice when i was younger! And now if i suddenly devour a huge bowl of rice - nothing bad happens. I'm just trying to eat more barley, farro and amaranth.
P.S. you accidentally reminded me: i have to call my town's vegetarian shops and ask if they provide delivery. I'll have to use it, sooner or later, as i will need amaranth, chia seeds, psyllium, soy goulash and vegan soap...:sheep:

A salad ; lightly steamed green asparagus, chopped peeled tomatoes, avocadoes, cucumber with vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
A doughnut peach.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

Reactions: Val
What are you calling ceasar dressing? I don't know what vegan ceasar would mean as I associate it with egg yolk and sardines :shrug: which have disgusted me always

It is the overall taste and that is accomplished with a base of hummus and the addition of capers instead of anchovies - hummus, anchovies, garlic, dry mustard powder, lemon, etc.

Emma JC

Reactions: Val
I'm going to grill today if the weather holds up. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 8 p.m., so it could be just scattered storms. I want a grilled veggie burger and pasta salad with veggies ... or potato salad. I can't decide which salad I want. :D

I'm going to have a vegan burger in a bun, potato wedges and a salad tonight.

I'm going to grill today if the weather holds up. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 8 p.m., so it could be just scattered storms. I want a grilled veggie burger and pasta salad with veggies ... or potato salad. I can't decide which salad I want. :D

We had a thunderstorm here yesterday.

Triple pickle pasta salad. Giardiniera, cucumber pickles, green olives, chickpeas, roasted pepper, roasted onion, roasted garlic, powdered garlic, herbs, dill seed (wish I had fresh), vegan mayo and some pickle juice. It is so yummy. I made this yesterday, better today.

I sauteed the washed flour seitan i'd made with onions in a diluted teriyaki sauce that's been hanging around a while. I cooked a cheap pack of ramen noodles and sauteed them with it and added broccoli. It was very good!
I'll try this "wash the flour" again

I made a veggie grinder: lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, spinach, banana pepper rings and pesto with a little oil and vinegar. And a handful of tortilla chips.

last night was bean dip night - a can of refried beans in a casserole dish with lots of onions, jalapenos, bell peppers, zucchini and salsa mixed and topped with some sliced black olives - into the oven at 350 until it bubbles, put a sprinkle of shredded cheeze on top when served and a few pickled jalapeno - scooped up with tortilla chips

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Salad of barley and napa-cabbage;
Mung bean noodles with tomato&bell pepper salsa;
Pickled baby-cucumbers;
Dried apricots;
Oregano "tea".

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm making easy refried beans and putting them on warm tortillas with salad and hot sauce on top as I ran out of salsa.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Specifically when we make Indian curry recipes, but no other time, we get "Burn" warnings on the Instant Pot, despite following the recipes to the letter. Last time it was aloo ghobi and by the time we were able to get the instant pot to run it's full cycle, the veggies were so overcooked I couldn't stomach them. Trying to salvage our Aloo Saag now by sauteeing it til the raw potatoes cook and hoping for the best.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC and Val