Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I attempted a German type dish. I braised cabbage with a bit of vinegar and some mustard and spices. Then I mixed in some seitan and the vegan bacon bits. I had to do what I could with spices, mustard an not powder with mustard and fennel, but I would have preferred caraway. Flavor was pretty close to what I wanted.

I had leftover pizza for breakfast, again. :laughing: 3 slices of cheese-free Garden Party pizza.

Sorry, I thought this was the eating thread.:D Tonight I'm going to have potato wedges, sweetcorn roasted with lime and a salad probably.

yesterday I made another crock pot of beans 1.5 cups each navy and northern and 1 cup pinto so last night I made my bean veggie tomato soup again altho' I still have one container of the last batch in the freezer - will have the fresh again tonight and then freeze the rest

froze a couple of the containers of beans and have some in the fridge so will have them for breakfast on the weekend instead of opening a can

Emma JC

Reactions: Val
I want that! Your seitan sausages or other?
Just had an iced coffee and potato chips :weird:
Came looking for inspiration. Need to buy some herb plants- esp rosemary and chives
My own sausage. I put a little oil on it so that it won't stick to the grate. It is so great on the grill. The pineapple, which I got at Aldi, rocked. I was so craving fresh fruit and veggies. I had a massive salad for lunch, haha.

I probably will get rosemary from my mom. She grows it every year and always shares. :) I'm growing basil again this year.

Tonight we are having leftover pasta from last night. Potato gnocchi and I've made up a sauce of garlic, diced tomatoes, white beans and spinach. It's really delicious. My partner mixes a bit of fresh chili in with his, and I sprinkle mine with a bit of nutritional yeast.

last night was leftover bean veggie soup - just a small amount as I had a huge noodle lunch that I tossed a half can of black beans, brussel sprouts, green onions - all I wanted to do was nap the rest of the day....

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and PTree15
A salad ; chopped raw mushrooms, diced tomatoes, avocados, warm sliced frankfurters, vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Alpro (nas) mango yogurt.
A gin (Wild Burrow) cocktail made with elderflower extract and 0 lemonade.

A pan fried raw soya burger with a salad ; quinoa, chopped peeled tomatoes, avocados, black Greek olives/vinaigrette yeast flakes.
A peach.
A glass of chardonnay and a few mixed herbed flavoured oven baked crisps.

last night was a ton of parboiled (actually completely boiled) potatoes and sweet potato turned into wedges and baked - after boiling I allowed them to cool then made the wedges and put them back in the pot and shook them with a combo of flour, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, chilli powder and pepper - then into the oven at the same time as some Gardein fish - so good and comforting

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and Chryssie