Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm going to have a salad with beef tomatoes, heart palms, avocado,sliced fennel, roast red peppers and thinly sliced seitan plus vinaigrette and yeast flakes.
Raspberries.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

last night was leftover bean veggie soup poured over rice and steamed cauliflower followed by a bowl of popcorn (skinny pop)

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and Raven
A salad ; French beans, heart palms, avocado, beef tomato, fennel, sliced seitan, Greek black olives from a pouch, pecans, vinaigrette & yeast flakes.
A white nectarine.

Reactions: Emma JC
last night was huge salad with a hemp seed garlic dressing and a side of burger, no bun, with a bit of cheeze and jalapeno on top

peanut butter Breyer's ice cream with peanuts on top for dessert

Emma JC

Reactions: Val
A quinoa & vegetable salad ; roast red peppers, quinoa, grated carrots, beef tomatoes, avocados, seitan, chia seeds/yeast flakes and vinaigrette.
Raspberries & Alpro coconut yogurt.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
A quinoa and vegetable salad with seitan, gem lettuce, avocados, cherry tomatoes, red roast peppers/vinaigrette and yeast flakes.
A juicy mango.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
A vegetable and tofu croquette platter with green asparagus, radishes, baby tomatoes, avocados, Greek black olives plus evo and sea salt/yeast flakes.
Alpro coconut yogurt with berries.

My boyfriend and I have not dined out since before the shutdown. Since we were overdue for a date night, I suggested ordering takeout from one of the nicer gourmet restaurants where we would normally go for dine in service. Then we had a picnic at a small, empty park near my condo.

He got their "loaded" veggie burger, which is grain based patty of their own recipe, topped with onion jam, caramelized onions and mushrooms. It came with a side of hand-cut fries. He said it was delicious and reminded him of a "real burger".

I ordered their vegan broccoli pizza, which has this description on their menu: "onion cashew cream, fried broccoli, crispy kale, pinenut parmesan and vegan chili aioli". It was awesome. The crust was obviously made from scratch, and nice and chewy. The veggies were crispy and flavorful, and the cashew cream and aioli were delicious. It was definitely very satisfying.

20200523_172627.jpg

last night we ate wayyyy toooo much - rice with Tasty Bite Indian food (shame: did 3 packs instead of two) - a side of steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Saturday night was alio oglio night and was delicious
Friday night we had Gardein breaded chicken in tortilla wraps with peppers, onions, olives, cheese, salsa, greens on top and a side of rice

geesh, we are going to be 10 pounds heavier if we are not careful...

Emma JC