Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made a chik type seitan - white? herby? :shrug: , and had it with marinara and Aldi mozz shreds. They really are quite sticky!
Anyone try Trader Joes vegan chickn salt? I used some. It reminds me soooo much of canned chicken noodle soup taste!
I was thinking about getting something alcoholic-was leaning gin, but now I'm leaning margarita! Premixed
Maybe not. I should look up gin drink recipes for something different. I was doing soda water and a splash of cranberry juice. Actually that' really good

last night was whole wheat penne with garlic, onion, cherry tomatoes, black olives, Italian Field roast sausage sliced into the mix and a bunch of arugula also mixed in - delish!

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and Chryssie
I had a late dinner as my pal came over to help me with the revamping.

We had some elderflower gin cocktails and by the
time she left I didn't feel like cooking so had a quinoa/vegetable & setian salad plus a peach for dessert.
Elderflower Gin Cocktails sound wonderful!

Tonight we will be having leftovers of the Thai Red Curry that I made last night. I'll be having a glass of red with mine. Dessert will be a slice of the lemon cake that I made the other day, with a cup of tea.

My boyfriend notably hates risotto since before I met him. Coincidentally, that was always one of my favorite special dishes to make. He has agreed to give it a go and try my version. I am hoping to win him over with my tomato basil risotto tonight. I just hope I remember how to make it correctly. It has been a LONG time.

A bowl of leftover cream of vegetable & seitan soup with sliced frankfurters/yeast flakes and a drizzle of evo.
A fennel & mushroom salad/vinaigrette.
Bananas & raspberries with Alpro coconut yogurt.
A glass of New Zealand chardonnay.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
My boyfriend notably hates risotto since before I met him. Coincidentally, that was always one of my favorite special dishes to make. He has agreed to give it a go and try my version. I am hoping to win him over with my tomato basil risotto tonight. I just hope I remember how to make it correctly. It has been a LONG time.
I also hate risotto! I've tried so many, and disliked them all! People have made a point to make them for me so insistent that I must not have had it 'made right', but I just don't. I'm curious if he like the new one!
Polenta is the same way. It sounds so delicious, but I've never liked it

I had my delicious french onion spinach dip with mashed potato for lunch, not enough either, and I'm really hungry. I want something really good and I don't know what. Yes I do- pizza. Place with the good vegan pizza is by my work, wish I thought before I came home :pout:
Or a burger thing

• Friendly
It's 3.00a.m., and... Unghshu has "ZHOR".:rofl::rofl::rofl: "Zhor" derives from the word "zhrat' " ("to devour") and defines a special state of mind and body, when you are in the mood of devouring everything that comes in sight. Meanwhile, you don't have to be super hungry to have Zhor. It's more about your mental satisfaction and entertainment. Haha... Zhor it is!😂 But i think i'm full for today. I really have to stop... The problem is that i've been watching a very interesting documentary and Zhor occured independently (from me). I love to watch documentaries while eating,- it distracts me from gloomy thoughts and from the knowledge that i don't have hunger. So i just eat and eat and eat,- therefore my blocky carcass gets the food that it needs, despite that i don't want it.😆
I ate:
2 big store-brand quinoa&veggie cutlets;
A huge salad of red beans, finely chopped napa-cabbage, a small tomato, pickle juice and yeast seasoning;
Cashews, prunes, kuraga (dried apricots) and inzhir (dried figs).
I seriously overate. Now cutting Granny Smith apples in case if i get hungry at night.:pig:
Tomorrow morning i'll be eating mung bean crystal noodles, napa-cabbage, Azeri tomatoes and pickles.
Tomorrow evening - presumably chickpea dumplings...:???:
Eeeh... I need to remember how to make dumplings myself. Urgently. I made them only once and that was "haemorrhoids", lol.🐨

I made a very simple pan of roasted root veggies (potatoes, onions, parsnips, carrots, & beets), and had that with some leftover coleslaw I made yesterday.

He loved it! We polished off the leftovers last night. He thinks it's just that he doesn't like the way his father makes it. That said his parents are both great cooks. So I guess on this dish, I get the bragging rights. Although I would never actually make his father feel bad.

He loved it! We polished off the leftovers last night. He thinks it's just that he doesn't like the way his father makes it. That said his parents are both great cooks. So I guess on this dish, I get the bragging rights. Although I would never actually make his father feel bad.
Is your texture different? That's my thing, I hate the rice texture. I also dislike rice with sauces other than like cornstarch based sauces, but that would be for Chinese dishes with long grain/Jasmine
Kinda funny how I want to like thing I don't!
Lately my tastes have changed. I think I should get more salad stuffs.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Is your texture different? That's my thing, I hate the rice texture. I also dislike rice with sauces other than like cornstarch based sauces, but that would be for Chinese dishes with long grain/Jasmine
Kinda funny how I want to like thing I don't!
Lately my tastes have changed. I think I should get more salad stuffs.
It is very interesting to see a person who is not fond of rice. I'm not a big fan either. I take it, you still can eat rice, but in certain combinations? (I can only eat black (forbidden) rice, but only with teriyaki sauce).😁

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
last night I made a huge caesar salad - well, if you can call two heads of romaine chopped up with just dressing and nutritional yeast caesar salad - plus had two bean burgers each with no bun or condiments except some melted cheese and a few pickled jalapenos on top

we really like the caesar dressing as it is tart and satisfying and has very little to no fat yet lots of taste

Emma JC

It is very interesting to see a person who is not fond of rice. I'm not a big fan either. I take it, you still can eat rice, but in certain combinations? (I can only eat black (forbidden) rice, but only with teriyaki sauce).😁
I love rice! I don't like it when it's sticky or in gravy, or cooked like risotto, but Jasmine white. basmati, and brown I like a lot. I haven't had black rice in a long time

Reactions: Val
last night I made a huge caesar salad - well, if you can call two heads of romaine chopped up with just dressing and nutritional yeast caesar salad - plus had two bean burgers each with no bun or condiments except some melted cheese and a few pickled jalapenos on top

we really like the caesar dressing as it is tart and satisfying and has very little to no fat yet lots of taste

Emma JC
What are you calling ceasar dressing? I don't know what vegan ceasar would mean as I associate it with egg yolk and sardines :shrug: which have disgusted me always