Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

A wiener schnitzel, green asparagus with a drizzle of evo. A meslcun salad/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Strawberries.
A glass of chilled Rosé Zinfandel.

Reactions: Val
Mung bean (crystal) noodles with store-brand tomato-pepper chutney;
A small salad of chopped white cabbage and small tomato;
3 small peaches;
Prunes;
Oregano "tea".
First peaches appeared!😍 They are super good for symbiotic microorganisms, and i try to eat them whenever they're available, because they're available only for 2.5 months in a year.

Reactions: Emma JC
The past few nights we have been eating a Tex-Mex sweet potato casserole which includes shredded sweet potato, black beans, diced veggie chicken strips, corn, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, garlic and spices.

I found a recipe for seitan beer brats that we will be making next. The intent is to make vegan bangers and mash with them, with a side of peas and some mushroom gravy.

The past few nights we have been eating a Tex-Mex sweet potato casserole which includes shredded sweet potato, black beans, diced veggie chicken strips, corn, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, garlic and spices.

That sounds awesome!

Tonight we are having coconut quinoa curry, cooked in the slow cooker. It's also got sweet potatoes, broccoli, onion, chickpeas, garlic, ginger and a bit of chili in it.

simple burgers on buns with red onion, pickles, jalapenos, cheeze, mustard, ketchup, greens from bok choy

Emma JC
I want baby bok chop soooooo much now! Probably partly due to not having frozen broccoli! Aldi has been out for a long time! It's usually my staple veg
I just had the last two Gardien fishless, and some shredded cabbage with an old mustard/maple/ vinegar dressing I made and got pushed back in the fridge
Tomorrow will stop at the Asian grocery. Need more silken tofu too

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
I want to try making buffalo seitan burgers. And I want to add vegan mac and cheez to it to mimic an item I saw on a menu at a vegan restaurant near me. And I want salad, and a beer. I made a beer run the other day to a craft brewery that had a contactless system. It was quite efficient. You order online, and when you get there, you're directed to an area/line. You keep your car windows rolled up and when an employee approaches, you show your order number and ID through the window. They then retrieve your order and place it on a hand truck. They back away, and you get out of the car to put the beer in your car. Pretty good system.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Pest & pine nut tortellini with green asparagus spears, olive oil and cracked black pepper.
A doughnut peach.
A elderflower gin cocktail. I had my friend over and we had cocktails until 8. :D

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
I want to try making buffalo seitan burgers. And I want to add vegan mac and cheez to it to mimic an item I saw on a menu at a vegan restaurant near me. And I want salad, and a beer. I made a beer run the other day to a craft brewery that had a contactless system. It was quite efficient. You order online, and when you get there, you're directed to an area/line. You keep your car windows rolled up and when an employee approaches, you show your order number and ID through the window. They then retrieve your order and place it on a hand truck. They back away, and you get out of the car to put the beer in your car. Pretty good system.

I was saying this about the service I have had during the lockdown. Why can't they keep this level of efficiency after this pandemic?! :) Everything seems so much faster.