Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night I made a delicious penne pasta - I put some stock in the pasta water and I think it made it even better - then large chunks of garlic, green onion, mushrooms, red bell pepper, whole kalamata olives, kale and chili peppers and for dessert we just snacked on some of the dark chocolate covered nuts that were stocking stuffers

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I will be having vegan buffalo wings with homemade ranch dressing, veggie spring rolls, and vegan cheese and crackers. I may have some pickles and olives as well.
So, the wings were pretty filling. I may not have room for the rest, but we'll see. Maybe just a couple of crackers and cheese, lol. It's only 8, though, and I will be up for a few more hours. Have to save some room for a cocktail. I did have a beer with the wings.

Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC
I'm going to attempt the vegan roast I'd wanted to make for Christmas. With it I will have mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and steamed peas. I haven't decided on dessert, but my options are gingerbread, a zucchini banana chocolate chip muffin, s'mores or a cranberry nut muffin.

I'm going to attempt the vegan roast I'd wanted to make for Christmas. With it I will have mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and steamed peas. I haven't decided on dessert, but my options are gingerbread, a zucchini banana chocolate chip muffin, s'mores or a cranberry nut muffin.
The vegan seitan roast was delicious! It's the first one I've tried that didn't come out too gluten-y or too rubbery and chewy. It was melt-in-your-mouth tender. I had to sub a few things, but it still came out so savory and full of flavor. I think if I can get the actual ingredients (dark soy sauce, no-beef bouillon, soft tofu, red wine and beetroot powder), it will have even more depth of flavor. I used Bragg's liquid aminos, vegetable bouillon, firm tofu and red wine vinegar. I didn't have beetroot powder, which is mostly for color and optional, according to the recipe. I will definitely make this again. The veggies in the roasting broth also were outstanding. It had carrots, onions and celery.

I won't lie, it was a bit of work, but it was worth the effort! The recipe is from Cheap Lazy Vegan.

I finally made our Christmas dinner last night and wish that I hadn't as we ate too much and that made the evening uncomfortable. I had had all the root vegetables, to make the mash, for so long that I wanted to be sure to use them all plus I had a butternut squash that I cut in half and roasted. Turnip, rutabaga, carrot, sweet potato... ugh I can't even describe the rest as the thought of it all is disturbing. Potatoes too, of course, and a small Gardein Chkn roll and cranberry sauce. Needless to say there was no dessert.

We really have to start eating less, at a time.

Emma JC

well at least we made good use of the leftovers from last night - made a green lentil soup last night with the leftover root vegetable mash and also added onions and celery and some more spices - it was good and have enough left for another meal too

Emma JC

Reactions: Mazen and PTree15
Gardein stuffed Turk`y with French beans, peas and a ww cranberry/walnut roll. I didn`t
care for the gravy. It was just a thick pale tasteless sauce. However the tiny roast was very good.
Breyer`s oat vanilla ice cream.

we watched a Yeung Man Cooking episode yesterday that caught my honey's eye and so I made it last night - it was creamy mushroom fusili and it was delicious - I didn't use as much oil as he did and don't have chili oil so just put in a few large chilis for him and some chili flakes for me

Emma JC

At work today, they made only vegan food for the staff :D Good job they are swedish. Swedish omnivores are usually open-minded about trying vegan and veggie food. I had a mince that the cook had packed with flavour, rice, fennel, lettuce, a tomato and red onion salad and a handful of fries.:yum

I made fajitas last night for dinner, using soy curls for the protein. They were really tasty. Tonight I'm going to make a spicy Thai stir-fry, which will easily incorporate my leftover fajita veggie.