Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm stuffing a large zucchini (courgette) for dinner tonight. Not being one to waste things, I minced up the leftover soy curls that I used for my shawarma. They will blend right into the filling. The rest of the filling will consist of couscous, sauteed shallots, garlic, and a few roasted pine nuts, with some vegan Parmesan cheeze, and then topped with some smoked Applewood shreds. This will roast in the oven until perfectly done, and then topped with fresh basil as I plate it.

Pea mince bolognese with green veg. I wanted it pretty quick, so I made it with tomato puree instead of tinned tomatoes, and I actually think it's better that way. Spag bol is one of my easy favourites, generously topped with nooch and soy sauce. I think a hint of ground clove in the sauce works well too.

I'm stuffing a large zucchini (courgette) for dinner tonight. Not being one to waste things, I minced up the leftover soy curls that I used for my shawarma. They will blend right into the filling. The rest of the filling will consist of couscous, sauteed shallots, garlic, and a few roasted pine nuts, with some vegan Parmesan cheeze, and then topped with some smoked Applewood shreds. This will roast in the oven until perfectly done, and then topped with fresh basil as I plate it.

That sounds the business. I turned down a marrow (overgrown zucchini) this week. Between ^your^ and this thread, I wonder if I should have made the effort!

Vegan sausage with sauerkraut, onions and mustard; sliced tomato drizzled with balsamic vinegar; an an ear of corn; and homemade coleslaw. The farm stand I go to still had some great tomatoes and corn left this week. I think I've had corn several days a week for a month straight. I've so enjoyed it!

bread sticks with hummus/hot sauce again last night as I ate my huge noodley soup mid afternoon - dessert was some of those addictive corn puffs and although I shared the bag I felt a bit sick 🤢 after, which is great because it means I won't buy them anymore :laughing:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I feel like skipping dinner and going to sleep early...
Or maybe going to the store to get some banananananas and eating one with peanut butter before going to sleep... But I'm too lazy to do anything so dunno.

decided to make my own 'refried beans' and used a recipe that Dr McDougall sent in a recent email - it was decent but had too much tomato in it which refried beans don't have at all - so it was more of a bean mixture than it was refried beans

we put a few olives on top and scooped it up with tortilla chips and there is lots left over for tortillas and stuff

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com