Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

had to run out around dinner time so was going to pick up a quick pizza at Pizza Pizza but the parking lot was full so ran into the grocery store and grabbed two Daiya pizzas which were $8 each - never again - it was like eating cardboard with cheez on top - I don't think that I've ever had one before and it reminds me why we prefer to make our own food and not eat premade stuff like that ugh

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Oh, my gosh! I totally agree on the Daiya pizza. The crust was the worst I've ever had. I tried it because despite all my kitchen successes, pizza dough is tricky for me to make. For some reason, it never comes out right. I've taken to buying the dough and going from there. I've yet to have a really decent frozen pizza.

Oh, my gosh! I totally agree on the Daiya pizza. The crust was the worst I've ever had. I tried it because despite all my kitchen successes, pizza dough is tricky for me to make. For some reason, it never comes out right. I've taken to buying the dough and going from there. I've yet to have a really decent frozen pizza.
Have you tried the American Harvest one? I really like it. It comes out crispy in the air fryer. Do not expect it to taste like Pizzaria pizza… you’ll definitely be disappointed lol. But for frozen it’s my favorite. It’s very thin and not an over abundance of cheese. But I like the overall taste.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
My eggplant Parmesan came out really tasty. I have leftovers that I could eat for dinner, but instead will scoff down for lunch. I will definitely make this again.

It's time to use up my soy curl crumbs again. I'm going to attempt making Greek style meat balls tonight. The last ones I made were tasty, but fragile and crumbly. I think I might just try a combination of seitan, mushrooms and soy curls this time, which should help them bind, as in stay together.

I'm going to serve them with fresh light green salad with homemade lemon tahini dressing, which should work as a dip for the meat balls too.

@Emma JC

Sadly, I too have also had the unfortunate experience of tasting a Daiya pizza. I felt your pain.

The second one might make a good frisbee. :D

yeah, they are so small that we ate both of them, a frisbee is a great idea though

last night we made our usual pasta dish and I made air fried soy curls to go on top - soaked in stock/smoke/orange zest/garlic and then put BBQ sauce on them before putting in the oven - it was good

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Leftover bean chilli mixed with enough oats to firm it up made surprisingly good bean balls. They cooked in the oven and held together nicely. Served with pasta and tomato sauce.

I wonder if this also works for any saucy leftovers like curry or stew...

Wow, surprisingly, the meatballs were amazing! What inspired me to make them was Gaz Oakley's latest YouTube recipe for Swedish meatballs. I basically used his recipe, with a few tweaks of my own, also using Greek seasonings instead of his sage and tarragon, including the broth seasonings. I will for certain make these again.

Today the leftover meatballs, if I don't eat them all beforehand, will go into some spaghetti sauce made from scratch, using all fresh Roma tomatoes. Spaghetti tonight!

Wow, surprisingly, the meatballs were amazing! What inspired me to make them was Gaz Oakley's latest YouTube recipe for Swedish meatballs. I basically used his recipe, with a few tweaks of my own, also using Greek seasonings instead of his sage and tarragon, including the broth seasonings. I will for certain make these again.

Today the leftover meatballs, if I don't eat them all beforehand, will go into some spaghetti sauce made from scratch, using all fresh Roma tomatoes. Spaghetti tonight!

I just came back from Ikea with a bag of meatballs 😁 I watched Gaz's video as well a few days ago

Due to M having a scare in the night (bad reflux due to hiatus hernia) I only cooked small portions today with out any oil. Some potatoes I boiled yesterday I put in the oven to crisp up along side some chopped red peppers and some lightly boiled sugar snaps.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Due to M having a scare in the night (bad reflux due to hiatus hernia) I only cooked small portions today with out any oil. Some potatoes I boiled yesterday I put in the oven to crisp up along side some chopped red peppers and some lightly boiled sugar snaps.
Don't peppers give her reflux? Those are pretty much my only trigger!

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
Don't peppers give her reflux? Those are pretty much my only trigger!
I didn't know that. She actually didn't want to eat today although she had a little vanilla soya yoghurt with strawberry jam. I saved hers in the fridge but I'll probably remove the peppers now you have mentioned it. I need to research this more.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I didn't know that. She actually didn't want to eat today although she had a little vanilla soya yoghurt with strawberry jam. I saved hers in the fridge but I'll probably remove the peppers now you have mentioned it. I need to research this more.
Might just be me. Raw they really make me burp. I don't often get reflux, but I do recognize these as a trigger, based on remembering the taste. Might be the oil?

Might just be me. Raw they really make me burp. I don't often get reflux, but I do recognize these as a trigger, based on remembering the taste. Might be the oil?
Well they are a little acidic so maybe that is the problem?

• Bell peppers: 4.8 to 5.2 pH
  • Jalapeños: 4.8 to 6.0
  • Habaneros: 5.0 to 6.0
  • Serranos: 5.5 to 7.0
  • Cayennes: Roughly 8.5 (above the neutral line into the slightly alkaline zone)
Are Peppers Acidic Or Alkaline?