Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm not sure why, but I can't seem to find any king oyster mushrooms lately. I was craving a mock pulled pork on a bun, so I have decided to use soy curls instead. Just to put an extra smoky twist on this, I will soak the soy curls first, obviously, then I will smoke them lightly - maybe a half pan of wood chips. After this process they will go into a frying pan with my homemade bourbon BBQ sauce. I'll likely add a little stock in the pan to keep them moist. All this on a toasted bun with lightly dressed coleslaw for crunch. I can hardly wait for dinner.

I'm not sure why, but I can't seem to find any king oyster mushrooms lately. I was craving a mock pulled pork on a bun, so I have decided to use soy curls instead. Just to put an extra smoky twist on this, I will soak the soy curls first, obviously, then I will smoke them lightly - maybe a half pan of wood chips. After this process they will go into a frying pan with my homemade bourbon BBQ sauce. I'll likely add a little stock in the pan to keep them moist. All this on a toasted bun with lightly dressed coleslaw for crunch. I can hardly wait for dinner.

I cannot find either. Have you tried banana peels? I tried it with meatballs and it was pretty tasty

• Informative
Reactions: Veganite
@Grinning Hippos

I watched both those videos. I like Chef Jana, but only recently subscribed to her channel. I'm kind of intrigued by the recipes and star ingredient. I have heard of eating banana peels before, but didn't realize it could be so appetizing. Both of those recipes look amazing. Thanks for posting them.

Reactions: Grinning Hippos
@Grinning Hippos

I watched both those videos. I like Chef Jana, but only recently subscribed to her channel. I'm kind of intrigued by the recipes and star ingredient. I have heard of eating banana peels before, but didn't realize it could be so appetizing. Both of those recipes look amazing. Thanks for posting them.

My pleasure 😁 I just recently gave banana peels a try too, after reading all of the benefits they provide, although a lot of articles mentioned B12 which I doubt is true

Reactions: Veganite
A Hindu woman on a Whatsapp group I was on last year makes banana peel curry. I wanted to ask her about it but we didn't ever meet.