Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I've been craving pasta for a while. I'm making some tomato sauce from scratch today. It will be really simple, but really delicious. The tomatoes reduce in a little olive oil and minced garlic until the desired consistency.

I really should make some homemade pasta, but I'm not going to. However, I should be able to find some fresh 'vegan friendly' pasta at my neighborhood grocery. If not, dry pasta it is, which is still fine with me.

I now use the Follow Your Heart Parmesan, but I used to love real fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano on my pasta. I've learned to live without cheese. I think it was the hardest thing for me to give up as a vegan though. I have vegetarian friends that want no part of being vegan for that very reason. It is true though, vegan cheezes do have a ways to go yet. Nonetheless, I've tasted some pretty good ones. They work for me.

I was craving pasta too and I bought some fusilli yesterday. I am just going to use a jarred sauce as I have an arabiata one I bought. I am going to add olives, broccoli and vegan cheese. I'm not sure if I can wait until dinner so I might make it for lunch instead.

late brunch so last night was silken tofu onion soup dip (w/garlic pwd & dry chives too) / hummus with hot sauce / breadsticks and plain rippled potato chips for dipping and jalapeno stuffed green olives on the side - dark chocolate for dessert

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Nut roast, roasted potatoes, agave parsnips and carrots, broccoli & peas in cheese sauce and gravy.
I'll be right over! ;)

I had a Beyond burger (no bun) with the last of the corn on the cob and some spinach sautéed in garlic and a little olive oil. Trail mix for dessert. I might have some fruit later, unless I end up making apple crisp. :grinning:

Last edited:
All your all soy curls suppers inspired me to order some.
Soaked in hot water, then marinated a dash of liquid amino, tomato and Italian spices.
It was great in Italian stirfy with gnocchi.
Omnivore spouse highly approves-
Suggested experiments :

Bbq pulled curls sandwiches
Chili
Kung pao curls
Curlytuna noodle casserole
Enchiladas

corn and chick peas mashed and spiced with cumin/garlic pwd/paprika/pepper/salt, in w/w tortillas with spinach, bell pepper, green onions, tomatoes, a few olives and pickled jalapenos - rolled up and toasted in a frying pan (including the ends) - then smeared with garlic roasted hummus and gobbled down - very delicious

Emma JC

corn and chick peas mashed and spiced with cumin/garlic pwd/paprika/pepper/salt, in w/w tortillas with spinach, bell pepper, green onions, tomatoes, a few olives and pickled jalapenos - rolled up and toasted in a frying pan (including the ends) - then smeared with garlic roasted hummus and gobbled down - very delicious

Emma JC
I fancied wraps but I forgot to buy them. I'm going to add some to my delivery tomorrow.:)

burrito kinda bowl - roasted frozen corn in a pan, added can of black beans, spices and a bit of tomato sauce - rice - chopped green onions, cherry tomatoes, olives, spinach, romaine - topped with a bit of salsa and hummus/sriracha

Emma JC