Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

vegan Thanksgiving meal - Gardein Turky rolls w/gravy, made my own stuffing/dressing (bread, onion, garlic, celery, apple, cranberries, walnuts, lots of spices), root veggie mash (squash, rutabaga, parsnips, carrots) with a bit of butter and some maple syrup, boiled potatoes (too lazy to mash), cranberry sauce

so happy I have lots of stuffing and root veggies leftover, seems like tonight is a good night for them, maybe

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

vegan Thanksgiving meal - Gardein Turky rolls w/gravy, made my own stuffing/dressing (bread, onion, garlic, celery, apple, cranberries, walnuts, lots of spices), root veggie mash (squash, rutabaga, parsnips, carrots) with a bit of butter and some maple syrup, boiled potatoes (too lazy to mash), cranberry sauce

so happy I have lots of stuffing and root veggies leftover, seems like tonight is a good night for them, maybe

Emma JC
Sounds delicious! I am craving some simple boiled potatoes and carrots with maybe some meatballs. I wish I had Thanksgiving to get some days off, haha 🤪

Reactions: Emma JC and silva
Brown lentil & vegetable soup with a sprinkle of smoked paprika/yeast flakes/a drizzle of evo plus a slice of granary baguette/spread and sliced Epic Violife.

Coconut milk yogurt with a few drops of Sicilian lemon/stevia.

leftovers last night - a huge slab of stuffing/dressing, the rest of the mashed root vegetables and I made a thin mushroom gravy (basically boiled down mushrooms in stock) and poured it over the stuffing and the topped it with the rest of the cranberry sauce - weird but strangely good

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
Can't believe we finished all the food I made Sunday! I had made a salad for work lunch last night, but found I grabbed the rest of the noodle thing instead. I had my lunch salad for dinner, but no ideas for rest of week

Reactions: Emma JC
My dear friend is visiting from Alberta this weekend, but arriving today. I'm making some Chinese food for dinner tonight with soy curls being the star ingredient. I'm doing vegan honey garlic soy curls, soy curl beef & broccoli, veggie & soy curl chow mein, and a veggie fried rice to complete the meal. While she is vegetarian, she said she's never had soy curls before, so I'm eager to impress. Time to get prepping...

My dear friend is visiting from Alberta this weekend, but arriving today. I'm making some Chinese food for dinner tonight with soy curls being the star ingredient. I'm doing vegan honey garlic soy curls, soy curl beef & broccoli, veggie & soy curl chow mein, and a veggie fried rice to complete the meal. While she is vegetarian, she said she's never had soy curls before, so I'm eager to impress. Time to get prepping...

Sounds amazing!! too bad you live at the opposite side of our country....

I tried to buy more soy curls yesterday as I only had a few crumbs left... they had just one bag arrgghhhh - so I had a conversation with one of the gentleman workers in the store and he spoke to the manager and they have put an extra 12 bags in the next order for me - he said they can't keep it on the shelf.... it is the only store within 30 miles (pop base a couple of million) that carries it.

They did have another type beside it, made in France, so I picked up a couple of bags to hold me over.
Textured vegetable protein -coarse

Is there anything better than breakfast for dinner? that was last night... Fieldroast Apple Sage Sausage, leftover boiled potatoes in the pan with the sausage, can of baked beans w/onions/jalapeno and potato chips for dessert.

Emma JC

I tried to buy more soy curls yesterday as I only had a few crumbs left... they had just one bag arrgghhhh - so I had a conversation with one of the gentleman workers in the store and he spoke to the manager and they have put an extra 12 bags in the next order for me - he said they can't keep it on the shelf.... it is the only store within 30 miles (pop base a couple of million) that carries it.

They did have another type beside it, made in France, so I picked up a couple of bags to hold me over.
Textured vegetable protein -coarse

Is there anything better than breakfast for dinner? that was last night... Fieldroast Apple Sage Sausage, leftover boiled potatoes in the pan with the sausage, can of baked beans w/onions/jalapeno and potato chips for dessert.

You can order them directly from Butler in the bulk size boxes. I have not done this, myself, as they seem to be readily available here now. Nonetheless, if you have a deep freezer you might want to consider ordering them bulk from Butler. They would keep forever in a deep freezer. It would be hard to store them, otherwise, as they require refrigeration at minimum. I don't know about your fridge, but mine definitely doesn't have that much space.

As for the TVP. It does work similarly, but it is definitely not the same thing. I have tried a few times to like TVP. If you can drown out the funky taste with enough sauce and/or spices and seasonings, it's not too bad. I would work with it if that was my only choice, I suppose. Given the choice between soy curls and TVP, I will take soy curls all day. If you are curious about the differences, read here.

And I laughed when I read "Is there anything better than breakfast for dinner?". I've said this more than once, myself. I love breakfast, and find it comforting for dinner as well. The leftover pan-fried potatoes, along with the beans, onions, etc. sounds yummy. Sounds like a great breakfast...or dinner, when glamping.

I'm taking my friend out for dinner somewhere tonight. We haven't decided where yet, but somewhere plant-based for sure. There's a cool place here called Meet, which is an obvious play on words. I've eaten there many times. They have good food, so we may meet at Meet.

You can order them directly from Butler in the bulk size boxes. I have not done this, myself, as they seem to be readily available here now. Nonetheless, if you have a deep freezer you might want to consider ordering them bulk from Butler. They would keep forever in a deep freezer. It would be hard to store them, otherwise, as they require refrigeration at minimum. I don't know about your fridge, but mine definitely doesn't have that much space.

Thanks, I did a bit more research as I haven't done it for awhile and found another store which is a vegan store, about the same distance away and they carry both the bags and the bulk... so cool... and many other amazing vegan products. I am going to have to be careful if I go there, not to buy too much. They also deliver!!

I am going to stay with the bags as I don't like the thought of constantly opening and closing a larger bag and then having all the crumbs on the bottom and inaccessible until the end. Now that the cool weather is here I am going to store them in a tub on my balcony as it gets almost no sun from now on and the temp will be somewhat constant. The difference in price between the bulk and the bags is about $2 per bag and that isn't enough to make it worthwhile for me either.

Enjoy Meet!

Emma JC

@Veganite & @Emma JC
I have gotten the 12 lb box from Butler and found the pieces were larger than in the 8 oz bags. It was easy to put the large ones in sealed containers, and I put the bag in a 5 gallon tub in garage--in winter. Didn't seem too many crumbs either. It was a great savings!