Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Organic ww Italian tagliatelle with pesto from a jar (long story but I bought it for someone else) with melted
Applewood cheese and a sprinkle of smoked chipotle flakes. Very disappointing. :worried:

At nearly £4 a jar it was nothing like homemade pesto. Basil can't withstand high cooking temperatures and is
far better when used raw or just gently heated.

1665829216993.png

An Arianne apple.

Reactions: Emma JC
Pan fried Sainsbury's PP caramelised onion shroomdogs with peas/evo/yeast flakes.
Coconut milk yogurt with a few drops of orange/sweetener
A mini FF mince pie

I have company coming for dinner. I'm making a Thai inspired veggie stir-fry with a spicy ginger-garlic peanut sauce. I'm serving this over rice noodles. It's pretty much a copycat recipe of a local place here. I'm making an apple crisp for dessert.

usually my honey cooks our aglio y olio on Saturday night with me as sous chef, however, he got to play the "I had my shot today" card so I made it instead - in addition to the usual garlic/onion/cherry tomatoes/mushrooms/olives I popped in two of my frozen homemade pesto cubes and it was just enough to add a taste to the spaghettini

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I'm not sure yet. My sister and cousin are coming around 7. I have black bean burgers, so we could have that with baked fries and a salad. They also might want to go out. I'm going make some ginger scones for tomorrow morning. We are getting up early (for me, haha) to begin our trip. I still haven't finished packing. :D

last night was Fortune Hamburgers for dinner - onion, lettuce, mustard, cheez shreds, jalapeno, pickle, ketchup with a side of potato chips and more of the cake for dessert

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52
I wanted to try the new Linda McC vegan burgers as they have cheese in the middle but I read they are bringing a substitution tonight so I will have to have something else.

• Friendly
yummy bean dip last night - can of refried beans, chopped onion/jalapeno/bell pepper/spices/olives/salsa in a casserole dish with a lid, into the oven until it bubbled - a few shreds of cheez and some hot sauce when served and scooped up with tortilla chips

Emma JC

I had some vegan egg rolls for lunch, and I made Sauce Stache's recipe for soaked pasta, instead of boiled pasta. You soak the pasta for two hours, and then cook it in the pasta sauce until done. I made an eggplant tomato sauce. I made it early so I can heat it up for dinner.

He was right. Not boiling it in water made the pasta soak up the sauce. A lot more flavor.

I had some vegan egg rolls for lunch, and I made Sauce Stache's recipe for soaked pasta, instead of boiled pasta. You soak the pasta for two hours, and then cook it in the pasta sauce until done. I made an eggplant tomato sauce. I made it early so I can heat it up for dinner.

He was right. Not boiling it in water made the pasta soak up the sauce. A lot more flavor.

I like that idea! I actually like making spaghetti right in the Instant Pot with meatless meatballs, but it does bother me that ALL the starch remains
I definitely am irreverent about how I like pasta. I really like jarred sauce, and only doll it up with maybe garlic powder and nooch. I also like to make it late to have it leftover the next day. I love leftover pasta more than freshly made

I would like to make that soaked spaghetti right back in the casserole, add things and bake it with the sauce

I just made a lovely deep pan of mac & cheeze au gratin, which I just popped in the oven. My stomach is making noises...I think I'm ready to eat now! This is obviously comfort food. I haven't made a mac n cheeze for a long time, so I'm looking forward to it. Yummy!