Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm making a veggie frittata for dinner tonight. I'm going to use some liquid Just Egg for this, along with some sauteed Portobello mushrooms, red onions, zucchini, and spinach. I might even throw in some soy curls. I have to go get some locally made cheeze to top it with. The Very Good Butcher has a line of plant-based cheezes I will try and find today. I'll probably just have a light green salad with this.

I've made this a couple times before and it comes out pretty darn tasty. I use a relatively shallow Pyrex baking dish for this. Probably like a lasagna pan. The deeper ones seem to burn the outsides of the frittata before the middle can cook properly.

I have a heap of potatoes, so tonight I'm making latkes aka potato pancakes. I have homemade apple sauce to serve with them. Yummy! This is definitely comfort food.

YES!. Although I haven't made them as good as when I had my grandmothers electric skillet.... :(
I made mine with flour & baking powder, and onions. Always with applesauce :yes:

I just had Impossible Italian sausage, and WOW, is that 'real'. If I hadn't opened and made the package myself I don't know if I'd eat it, though every time I bit into real meat it was very very unmistakable, even though I didn't recognize it as meat. Meat is like rancid tasting. But this is what my memory of meat sausage is. I made onions and peppers and had on a bun with ketchup.
I like Beyond sausage better. Impossible didn't give off as much grease as Beyond, but now I see Beyond is labeled like 35% less fat so I don't know. When they changed the Beyond burger I don't like it anymore

I will get these now and then.

Field Roast Italian sausage on a bun, except we didn't have any buns, so we used w/w tortillas and just put all the ingredients in and rolled it up so... I guess it is a sausage on a bun burrito. Pickle, onion/bell pepper/hot peppers, few cheez shreds, mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I roasted cauliflower, yellow and red peppers, and carrots and made a pumpkin coconut curry with rice noodles.
I'm so happy I timed the veggies cook times right, and had fresh spinach I wilted in the sauce.
Honestly, I think it would have worked better on rice, but I was so craving a noodle dish

I have a heap of potatoes, so tonight I'm making latkes aka potato pancakes. I have homemade apple sauce to serve with them. Yummy! This is definitely comfort food.

Latkes are so delicious! And nice on the homemade applesauce. I'll be making some of that soon now that apples are starting to come out here.

I'm also in comfort food mode. Tonight I am having veggie spring rolls with a sweet chili dipping sauce and Old Bay-seasoned fries. Both will be cooked in the air fryer. If I have room, I might have some veggie potstickers, but I'm inclined to cook a few more spring rolls. :D

I'm going to make a vegan version of eggplant (aubergine) Parmesan for tonight's dinner. Pretty simple concept. I'm just breading the eggplant slices with Panko, which I will bake first. I will then just layer everything out in a lasagna pan, topping with cheeze sauce, Marinara sauce, and some cheeze shreds, etc. Mmm, yum!

had to run out around dinner time so was going to pick up a quick pizza at Pizza Pizza but the parking lot was full so ran into the grocery store and grabbed two Daiya pizzas which were $8 each - never again - it was like eating cardboard with cheez on top - I don't think that I've ever had one before and it reminds me why we prefer to make our own food and not eat premade stuff like that ugh

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com