Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I have two non-vegan friends coming for dinner tonight.. So I'm making KFC style popcorn chicken soy curls tonight. I'm also making potato wedges, corn on cob, and coleslaw to go with it. Hopefully they like it.

I've been wanting to try the KFC-style soy curls. Mmm, maybe tomorrow!

Reactions: Veganite
That sounds wonderful!! I haven't had a Tom Collins in ages. That used to be my go-to drink when I went clubbing during my college days. :)

I think tonight I will make barbecue tofu on the grill with grilled zucchini, corn on the cob and a nice salad.

We had lovely cocktails and whole wheat vegan pizza. She bought mango for dessert so we had a lot to eat. We sat by the stream and
some people were playing jeu de boules in the distance. We could also see the fairy lights of a restaurant on the other side of the stream and hear people talking. Others were walking their dogs. We came back home at 9h 15 and had a pleasant evening.

I had the buffalo soy curls grinder again. :) I usually get four servings out of a batch of soy curls, but I've nibbled a bit on them because they are just so darn good, even without the buffalo sauce because I added hot sauce to the broth when I cooked them initially. So now I'll have just three servings for dinner from this batch, haha.
So glad I came here--I rehydrated a whole bag the other day and have half left. I guess I'll be having- something with them. I'd love a "grinder" but have no bun or hearty enough bread for one.
I do have taco shells, and my cheddar cheese, no iceberg lettuce though :( .
I'm letting seitan dough rest, that's better tomorrow anyway

The popcorn soy curls came out really really good. My friends were super impressed with the entire dinner. The corn I bought was the best corn I think I've ever had. It was so tasty, I could've just eaten corn for dinner. The potato wedges were yummy too. I made a savoury breadcrumb coating with a bit of vegan Parmesan cheeze for those, with a sriracha & mayo dip.

I have definitely made my non-vegan friends think hard about vegan food. Sadly, there's still a pretty strong stereotype among non-vegans how vegan food tastes. Many of my friends are not vegan, so whenever I get the opportunity to impress them with vegan cuisine I feel happy about it. In doing so I have coaxed a few of them into eating a few more plant-based meals each week.

Tonight I'm making a grilled cauliflower steak(s) with grilled corn on the cob. I'm also making a potato salad today to go with it..

made myself some falafels, just the inserts, not the whole sandwich/dinner and drizzled some tahini and hot sauce on them

tried a new dessert and it wasn't an epic fail but it definitely wasn't a hit - dessert gnocchi... boiled the gnocchi then put butter in a pan, melted, added the gnocchi and a sugar/cinnamon mix and fried it up.... had a bit of icing left in the fridge from making some cakes awhile ago and so drizzled that on the finished product - smelled like a Cinn-A-Bon here but the result wasn't amazing - might not have liked it much if it wasn't for the icing

crazy how you can take ingredients that you like, put them together and come out with less...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Whole wheat Italian tagliatelle with smoked chili and garlic/melted Applewood and cracked pepper.
A slice of courgette,pesto & tofu bake with cherry tomatoes.

Coconut milk yogurt with a few drops of vanilla/sweetener

A few yellow plums.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I've done all my daily yard and garden work and now I'm bored. So...I'm heading to the kitchen for some fun! I can't speak for everyone, but kitchen time is happy time for me. I will put some tunes on and get into my special place.

My plan for tonight's dinner: Soy curl shawarma wraps

I can't seem to get away from soy curls lately, so rather than oyster mushrooms, which I used last time I made shawarma wraps, this time it's soy curls. I like to prep most of everything ahead of time, so I can relax this afternoon before dinner. My plan for this morning is to make the tzatziki dip/sauce, then marinade the soy curls with a mix of some freshly ground middle eastern spices, after I re-hydrate them of course. I will cook them when I make the wrap.

Soy curls pot pie--ish
I had meant to let the curls soak in broth, but had to make the gravy. I cooked the veggies seperate, made the gravy with remainder of seitan broth, sauteed onion in cast iron. Realised I hadn't rehydrated curls, so just dumped them in the gravy while straining the carrots, potatoes and green beans. I then dumped everything in the cast iron, and topped with prepared Bisquick mix. Baked at 375F
So worried the curls wouldn't be able to fully hydrate in the gravy, but they did!!! :grinning:
I usually do this kind of thing with frozen mixed veggies, should never run out!

I was invited to a friends for cocktails and nibbles.
So we dined in the garden despite having a swarm of
mosquitoes with us. We had tortilla chips, guac, hummus
with lemon, various olives, cherr y tomatoes, carrots,
radishes, mini crostini with thyme, cheese, frankfurter and paté for them and I made some mini crostini
with tofu and courgette bake.
It was a lovely evening indeed.

I have so much leftover shawarma I guess that's my dinner tonight. Not complaining, as it was delicious. I guess I am complaining that I am not in the kitchen today creating something tasty for dinner, but...I guess what I will make today is an apple crisp and some apple butter, since I have an abundance of fresh apples from my tree.

Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
had a beautiful baguette and so made mac n cheez to go with it as garlic bread

roasted the garlic first so I could use it in the mac n cheez and on the bread

made the 'cheez' sauce from roasted red pepper, cashews, white potato, sweet potato, onion, nooch, spices, and made tiny elbows for the pasta

things I would do differently: not use a sweet potato as it made it too sweet, not mistake the turmeric for cinnamon (ugh, I was able to get most of it out but there was still a tinge)

leftovers... there is a lot of it left so I think I will cook two Field Roast sausage and mix them in, maybe tomorrow night's dinner

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Veganite
A small bowl of whole wheat Italian tagliatelle with smoked chilli flakes, garlic & evo.

A rocket and diced plum tomato salad/vinaigrette/yeast flakes, courgettes from the farm.
Coconut milk yogurt with a few drops of vanilla/sweetener.
A few grapes.

Reactions: Emma JC