Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

tried something a bit different with similar ingredients last night - package of Mexican Chipotle Field Roast sausage chopped into one inch pieces and stood upright in the frying pan to sear the ends - added garlic, onion, lots of bell pepper, mushrooms and a small amount of w/w penne

we did the mushrooms Sauce Stache style, one of his latest videos he showed how to boil mushrooms down so they are a juicy and amazing, added about a teaspoon of butter once all the water boiled off and they were very good

the meal was delicious and satisfying - we normally just have one sausage each per meal and so this was different, upping the sausage and dialing back the penne

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I'm making buffalo soy curls at the moment and will have them in a grinder with vegan cheese and homemade buffalo sauce. And a side of chips (crisps). I'm feeling like comfort food tonight. I would love a beer ... but work. Tomorrow night for sure on the beer. :)

I had a Quorn crunchy fillet burger last night in a bun with lettuce and ketchup. I really liked the burger. I think I have had it before, but it tasted very nice. I wish I had bought more.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I had a Quorn crunchy fillet burger last night in a bun with lettuce and ketchup. I really liked the burger. I think I have had it before, but it tasted very nice. I wish I had bought more.

I think that Quron together with Sainsbury's Plant Pioneers are my favourite vegan brands. I also love their (Quorn) peppered steaks.

Reactions: KLS52
Today I finally ate Big Mountain brand fava bean soy-free tofu, and grilled it with red bell pepper, purple onion, kale, tomato and eggplant into wraps with sunflower-based sauce.

The soy-free tofu was almost identical consistency and cooking wise as regular soy tofu, but the taste was a bit more distinct and strong, not in a good or bad way, just different.

Soy-free Tofu - Big Mountain Foods

I had the buffalo soy curls grinder again. :) I usually get four servings out of a batch of soy curls, but I've nibbled a bit on them because they are just so darn good, even without the buffalo sauce because I added hot sauce to the broth when I cooked them initially. So now I'll have just three servings for dinner from this batch, haha.

I'm going to have a picnic and cocktails by the stream in the park tonight with a friend.
We're going to have Tom Collins cocktails and a pizza margherita from Lidls. She's going to
bring some cherry tomatoes from the garden and I have some yellow plums.
That sounds wonderful!! I haven't had a Tom Collins in ages. That used to be my go-to drink when I went clubbing during my college days. :)

I think tonight I will make barbecue tofu on the grill with grilled zucchini, corn on the cob and a nice salad.