Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I picked up something new yesterday - a Jackfruit Spicy Mexican package (Ecoideas) and made tacos with it adding onion, jalapeno, black beans and a few more spice. It was okay, nothing special and I won't buy it again as we do like the Gardein ground in our tacos. Added pica, cheez shreds, greens and salsa to the tacos too.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52
not sure where else to ask this - has anyone had Future Burgers? one of our local stores has them and they are on sale so I may give them a go, especially if anyone else has tried them? I really can't stand the smell of Beyond or Impossible Future Farm

Emma JC

not sure where else to ask this - has anyone had Future Burgers? one of our local stores has them and they are on sale so I may give them a go, especially if anyone else has tried them? I really can't stand the smell of Beyond or Impossible Future Farm

Emma JC
I haven’t heard of those. The smell really is bad on the beyond burger especially before they’re cooked. It’s not so bad after cooking.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
Leftovers:
A one pot (IP) organic brown rice pilaf with peas,sweet potatoes, soya chunks,stock and tons of various spices. Served with
a drizzle of evo/grated Nurishh cheddar style,a sprinkle of smoked chipotle flakes,yeast flakes & cracked pepper.
I added an organic, steamed courgette to the above and it was very tasty.

Apricots.

A G&T with added lime juice.

The seasonings in that look great! I bet it was so tasty!
I've used that kind of blend before, but the proportions of tofu and vwg and the food processor made a superb texture!
I'm going to make up a jar of the seasoning, it's basically what I use for hammy seasoning, with more liquid smoke. Measuring all those spices took a while!

I made these last night--this is the best vegan hot dog I've had yet, and that includes Field Roast! :up:
I did use my scale and followed directions
Impressive! I might actually try it but I’m not sure about the spices. And I can’t do smoke. I might do a little of the smoked paprika but never liquid smoke. I do love tofu with vwg. Great texture.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
A salad; gem lettuce,peeled cucumbers, peeled, diced vine tomatoes, avocado,diced smoked tofu & Violife epic cheddar style
cheese, pumpkin seeds, grated carrots,vinaigrette & yeast flakes.
A few M&S red pepper pitta chips.

Apricots.

I'm not a huge fan on Indian food made in a restaurant. Somehow, their curries
and vegan food doesn't taste very good.
It was the sane place I went to eat in the restaurant a couple of weeks ago but it was better then. It is annoying as they have a separate vegan menu which the other Indian restaurants don't seem to have around here. It was supposed to be a hot, spicy dish and it wasn't at all. Very bland.

Yesterday. This is a vegan sausage pizza. House made sausage. My word it was so good I've been wanting to eat at this place for so long.

Attachments

• PXL_20220611_184413481.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220611_184413481.MP.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20220611_184427419.jpg
    PXL_20220611_184427419.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
last night we had aglio y olio spaghetti our usual Saturday night - added a small baguette buddered with a sprinkle of garlic powder and some Breyer's for dessert - I could have done without the dessert

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52
A salad:
A salad; gem lettuce,peeled cucumbers, peeled, diced vine tomatoes,sliced shroomdog banger, & Violife epic cheddar style
faux cheese, pumpkin seeds, grated carrots,vinaigrette & yeast flakes.

Stewed rhubarb with coconut milk yogurt/sweetener.