Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made probably the best pasta last night, can't wait to film the recipe for my channel.
Tomato and olive sauce with creamy cashew sour cream. I would be afraid to eat this in a restaurant. Just look at the leftovers :))

Attachments

• IMG20220616130056.jpg
    10.8 MB · Views: 13
Last night we had baked potatoes and baked beans. It's one of my daughter's favourite easy-to-prepare meals, except she doesn't want the beans ....

I made banana ice cream (frozen bananas and a dash of almond milk turned into ice cream in the blender), and melted some 85% dark chocolate on top. But my daughter was underwhelmed :unamused:
I would have to agree with her on that.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
I had roasted vegetables last night, tonight I am making cabbage and soy curls.
We actually have a romanian dish based on cabbage and I ask my mother to make it quite often for me with soy curls. It goes in the oven after the soy and cabbage have been fried on the stove. How do you do it?

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
I intended to make jackfruit and black bean chilli, but opened a tin of banana blossom by mistake (I keep JF and BB in the same 'weird stuff in a tin' part of the larder). Ended up as spaghetti and black bean bol, and a flaked banana blossom salad.

It's the first time I've tried banana blossom. It's okayyyy - interesting at least. I can see why it's used as a fish substitute, in terms of texture if not flavour.

I intended to make jackfruit and black bean chilli, but opened a tin of banana blossom by mistake (I keep JF and BB in the same 'weird stuff in a tin' part of the larder). Ended up as spaghetti and black bean bol, and a flaked banana blossom salad.

It's the first time I've tried banana blossom. It's okayyyy - interesting at least. I can see why it's used as a fish substitute, in terms of texture if not flavour.
I haven't tried banana blossom yet.

I have a few friends coming over this afternoon for a backyard BBQ. They are not vegans, but they are okay with my BBQ being 100% vegan. So I bought some Impossible burgers for the grill. I'm going to make BBQ vegan Big Mac's. Instead of fries I'm serving the burgers with coleslaw and potato salad....oh, and homemade fridge pickles.