Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I have great news to report on the Future Burger - they are really really good, they don't smell horrid like some others we know and they taste really good - caveat... don't eat 2 at once lol - we only intended to eat one each and then when I smelled them I was hungry and said let's do two each and have just a few potato chips on the side - we thawed and spiced them with garlic and pepper - cooked them in a pan on the stove as we don't have a grill, put a few shreds and jalapenos on top - thin slices of red onion, sliced pickles, mustard, ketchup and we loved them!! they are thick and retain their thickness when cooked so it is a very satisfying bite - I will be buying more of them as they are currently on sale at a local store. $7 for 2 in a package, regular $8 which is still less than the equivalent.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Bean and kale soup. I made white beans yesterday with the intent of making 'baked beans'. I've only ever done that while cooking them in the IP, so today i didn't know what to do besides make soup. I got celery, carrots and kale just for this. It's going to be in 90's this week. 🙄
Well, I always say, can't go wrong with soup....

Macaroni with tempeh tomato sauce: Onion, yellow bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, cubed tempeh, mushrooms, asparagus, organic tomato cubes and paste, green spices, dijon, cayenne pepper, ginger; on macaroni of course; and I re-used the macaroni cook water with salt to liquify the sauce when it was not liquid enough, and put that nutritional cheese-flavour yeast on top.

Ww organic gnocchetti sardi pasta with a light sauce; baby spinach,strips of red roast peppers,Green Cuisine meat balls, melted Free From
mozarella grated cheese, smoked chipotle flakes, yeast flakes, a drizzle of evo and some cooking water topped with finely diced peeled tomatoes. Tasty and very Italian style pasta.

Apricots.

I had to run out to work again moments after I came home and so I opened a can of breakfast beans and put them in a bowl in the microfond then crushed a bunch of crackers up and mixed them with the beans - my honey made himself some noodles.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
You can spice a chilla any way you want. I throw some curry powder or garam Masada into it sometimes. I get the impression, like a fritters or omelet, you make it with whatever on hand.
For my batter, I use a half cup besan, a tablespoon of flax and enough soy milk to make it pancake batter consistency. And let it sit for 30 minutes before cooking. Great for using up bits of leftovers for breakfast.
A dash of Indian black salt adds an "eggy" taste to the batter.

Harshdeep Swami"s channel on YT: https://youtube.com/c/HarshdeepSwami

He has great simple oil free vegan recipes going back a couple years.

Last edited:
Last night we had baked potatoes and baked beans. It's one of my daughter's favourite easy-to-prepare meals, except she doesn't want the beans ....

I made banana ice cream (frozen bananas and a dash of almond milk turned into ice cream in the blender), and melted some 85% dark chocolate on top. But my daughter was underwhelmed :unamused:

Last night we had baked potatoes and baked beans. It's one of my daughter's favourite easy-to-prepare meals, except she doesn't want the beans ....

I made banana ice cream (frozen bananas and a dash of almond milk turned into ice cream in the blender), and melted some 85% dark chocolate on top. But my daughter was underwhelmed :unamused:

Doesn't she like tinned baked beans?

• Sad
Reactions: HappyRoxy