Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm having this again. :) The Trader Joe's tzatziki sauce was tasty! I don't really have anything to compare it to, as I'd never tried this kind of sauce before going vegan. That said, it was tangy with a hint of cucumber. It was kind of the consistency a thick, creamy dressing once I stirred it up. I will definitely buy this again.

Easy, peasy to make. I usually just add a squirt of lemon juice/a sprinkle of garlic/dill and freshly chopped mint to either Greek style vegan yogurt (hard to find over here) or vegan cream/yogurt/salt and pepper. :)

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I'm baking bread today, so I think for dinner I will make a BBQ mushroom pulled port style sandwich, open-faced. I usually use king oyster mushrooms for this, but we'll see what's available at the grocery store later. I've been noticing limited supplies lately. I guess I will use soy curls if I can't find my beloved king oyster shrooms.

It was this video that first inspired me to make this recipe some years ago. I have a smoker, which I probably won't use this time. It does add some nice flavour to the mushrooms, but it is still darn tasty without it.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
Easy, peasy to make. I usually just add a squirt of lemon juice/a sprinkle of garlic/dill and freshly chopped mint to either Greek style vegan yogurt (hard to find over here) or vegan cream/yogurt/salt and pepper. :)
Do you have a brand of vegan yogurt you would recommend? I have tried a few and haven't really liked them. 😁

Sautéed veggies…zucchini, onions and mushrooms…on a toasted whole grain bun. Iced coffee with almond milk. A 6gm piece of dark Belgian chocolate. Lol. That’s just to say how small a piece it is. 😁 Serving size is five pieces /30 gms/140 calories and I only had one piece. I’m so proud lol.

Forget the cucumber?
I've never added dill

Do you have a brand of vegan yogurt you would recommend? I have tried a few and haven't really liked them. 😁
What about plain Silk soy yogurt? That's the only one I've ever liked--besides the long gone TJ's or Wildwood
I make soy yogurt once a week in the IP. Trader Joes soy beverage and a probiotic.
I strain the second half of it as it's thick when it first chills but gets whey as it gets spooned out. Better to use jars if you're just going to eat it,but I use a lot in recipes.
I like it real thick with jam though!

What about plain Silk soy yogurt? That's the only one I've ever liked--besides the long gone TJ's or Wildwood
I make soy yogurt once a week in the IP. Trader Joes soy beverage and a probiotic.
I strain the second half of it as it's thick when it first chills but gets whey as it gets spooned out. Better to use jars if you're just going to eat it,but I use a lot in recipes.
I like it real thick with jam though!
I didn't like the Silk soy yogurt. I actually wasn't much of a yogurt fan in my pre-vegan days, so that might be part of the reason I don't like vegan ones.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I'm having a takeaway tonight. It will either be the chip (fries) shop that makes it's own seitan sausages or the Chinese that has a lot of mock meats. I will see what I fancy later!:)

Reactions: PTree15
It seems I have an excess of veggies in my fridge to use up. I am going to make a vegan ratatouille for dinner tonight.

Have you tried Oatly plain yogurt?
I have not. I'm not sure that brand is available in my stores. I have seen Oatly oat milk (not a fan of oat milk :D), but I really haven't looked at the various brands of vegan yogurt.

tortilla chips and salsa last night - 1/2 chunky red salsa, 1/2 green salsa, one avocado mashed with lemon added to the salsa and a few shreds of cheez

dessert was Breyers non-dairy cookies and cream ice cream w/blueberries

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven
tortilla chips and salsa last night - 1/2 chunky red salsa, 1/2 green salsa, one avocado mashed with lemon added to the salsa and a few shreds of cheez

dessert was Breyers non-dairy cookies and cream ice cream w/blueberries

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I am deciding on something similar. Nachos or a bean burrito or taco-seasoned soy curls. I'm making soy curls right now for chik'n salad, but the bag had a lot of small pieces and crumbs at the bottom. So I'm soaking those in beef-like veggie broth and then I'm will season them up for a couple of soft tacos. I could save that for tomorrow. Hmm, maybe I'll have the soft taco with chips and salsa! Decisions, decisions!

Last edited: