Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I need to try these soya curls that you all eat! :D

I'm eating out tonight. I'm not sure what restaurant yet. I might post a pic later.:)

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I'm down with the soy curls train right now.
I made a sweat curls curried butter chicken with broccoli, a bit of cabbage, onion and garlic. So good.
Making a soy curl beefy Sriracha jerky right now for snack over the weekend. I love jerky. I'm hoping this turns out great.

Last edited:
I'm having a buffalo soy curls sandwich with lettuce, onion and hot sauce-infused vegan mayo. Absolutely delicious!
I wish I'd have seen this earlier!
I am about to make a batch of vegan mayo. I love buffalo soy curls- more than bbq

I just put a gyro seitan in the oven, but that's not till tomorrow

I'm having a slice of fresh bakery Italian bread that's covered in sesame seeds--how can I love sesame seeds yet dislike tahini 🤔

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I wish I'd have seen this earlier!
I am about to make a batch of vegan mayo. I love buffalo soy curls- more than bbq

I just put a gyro seitan in the oven, but that's not till tomorrow

I'm having a slice of fresh bakery Italian bread that's covered in sesame seeds--how can I love sesame seeds yet dislike tahini 🤔
Oh, I bet the bbq soy curls are tasty, though! I want to try the chik'n salad that was in the Sweet Simple Vegan video posted in the soy curls thread. I think my family would actually go for that one. I've already got my mom eating chickpea salad now instead of tuna salad.

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm making mushroom melts for dinner with some locally made vegan cheese. I'm just using a sub bun and will top it with caramelized onions and chipotle vegan mayo.

Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
dinner was very weird last night, my honey decided he wanted a hamburger steak so I picked up a package of Beyond Beef ground - he had decided to make it without any additions (spices, worchestershire, bread crumbs etc) and then changed his mind and started adding it all in - meanwhile we had onions & mushrooms sauting, mashed potatoes being prepared, roasted garlic in mushroom gravy, baby peas boiling.... he was not thrilled while cooking the 'steaks', calling it dog food and being angry with himself for putting in all the extras as it dried it out etc... all the rest of the dinner was delicious, the steaks, not awful, not great, I ate all of mine and he left 1/4 of his - we won't do it again (have I mentioned I don't like the smell of Beyond meat... it permeates the whole place) lesson learned

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
l
dinner was very weird last night, my honey decided he wanted a hamburger steak so I picked up a package of Beyond Beef ground - he had decided to make it without any additions (spices, worchestershire, bread crumbs etc) and then changed his mind and started adding it all in - meanwhile we had onions & mushrooms sauting, mashed potatoes being prepared, roasted garlic in mushroom gravy, baby peas boiling.... he was not thrilled while cooking the 'steaks', calling it dog food and being angry with himself for putting in all the extras as it dried it out etc... all the rest of the dinner was delicious, the steaks, not awful, not great, I ate all of mine and he left 1/4 of his - we won't do it again (have I mentioned I don't like the smell of Beyond meat... it permeates the whole place) lesson learned

Emma JC
Did you notice if the package of Beyond said "now meatier"?
I liked it before the change, but all varieties smell bad :yuck:

Making black soup with some beans that had been frozen. Not making spicy though

l

Did you notice if the package of Beyond said "now meatier"?
I liked it before the change, but all varieties smell bad :yuck:

Making black soup with some beans that had been frozen. Not making spicy though

yes, I think it did - ugh

last night I tried herbed tofu in the air fryer and it was just okay, not spectacular - had it with a bit of pasta with leftover spag sauce and a ton of greens mixed in

was better than the Beyond burger steak

Emma JC

• Friendly
I'm going to have a buffalo seitan wrap with onions, lettuce, vegan cheddar and a bit of Vegenaise. Fruit for dessert.

great minds........ we had wraps/burritos also last night - inside was a Fieldroast Chipotle Mexican sausage instead of our usual Gardein chickn or refried beans - it was delicious... also inside peppers/onion/jalapeno, cheez - salsa and pica on top and then topped with lots of chopped greens

Emma JC

• Love
I'm going to make falafel. I've been craving it, and it will give me a chance to try that vegan tzatziki sauce I got from Trader Joe's (I haven't opened it yet). I don't have flatbread, so I will put the falafel over a salad of iceberg lettuce, onions, tomatoes, arugula, zucchini and shredded carrots topped with the sauce.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
last night I put a bunch of Ikea plant balls in the pan and heated them up with sweet chili sauce then had hummus/hot sauce with carrot, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, green onions, olives and breadsticks with a clementine and a square of dark chocolate for dessert

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven and PTree15
I'm going to make falafel. I've been craving it, and it will give me a chance to try that vegan tzatziki sauce I got from Trader Joe's (I haven't opened it yet). I don't have flatbread, so I will put the falafel over a salad of iceberg lettuce, onions, tomatoes, arugula, zucchini and shredded carrots topped with the sauce.
I'm having this again. :) The Trader Joe's tzatziki sauce was tasty! I don't really have anything to compare it to, as I'd never tried this kind of sauce before going vegan. That said, it was tangy with a hint of cucumber. It was kind of the consistency a thick, creamy dressing once I stirred it up. I will definitely buy this again.