Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Yeah, making red lentil dal now, to use the half can of coconut milk that's been opened since Sun. You can tell bad coconut milk--right?
It should be fine. When mine goes bad it’s usually because I’ve forgotten it’s in the refrigerator so it gets a pretty blue-green coating on top lol. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15
It should be fine. When mine goes bad it’s usually because I’ve forgotten it’s in the refrigerator so it gets a pretty blue-green coating on top lol. 😂
I remember that!
Curry came out great- just one cup lentils, 2 cups water, half can of coconut milk and half a big can of crushed tomatoes. Coriander seeds, curry powder, Penzeys chili 9000 (which is great but I wouldn't use for chili :shrug: it has cinnamon)
Who all has a Penzeys spices?

Reactions: KLS52
I remember that!
Curry came out great- just one cup lentils, 2 cups water, half can of coconut milk and half a big can of crushed tomatoes. Coriander seeds, curry powder, Penzeys chili 9000 (which is great but I wouldn't use for chili :shrug: it has cinnamon)
Who all has a Penzeys spices?
*Raises hand* I have the adobo and chipotle seasonings. In the winter, I sometimes get their hot chocolate mix with mint.

Your curry sounds delicious!
I'm going to have leftover sesame-ginger soy curls and broccoli for dinner tonight.

Reactions: Emma JC
I like noodles too, and wonder what are all the kinds of noodles you use?
I picture thick udon noodles when you say noodley soup! Cause I like those in miso soup with bok choy and tofu.

for lunch noodles we have been using the Mr Noodles packages just because they were cheap quick and easy

for dinner's we normally used 3 Minute Noodles like these
192615.jpg

and this is my most recent purchase - it is a huge package of noodles and I bought a container to hold them once opened and just take what we need at a time

I love udon noodles and my honey does not so we rarely have them - sometime if we have a peanuty sauce, then we do - I used to eat them all the time.

Last night for dinner we had mexican spiced veggie rice - lots of garlic, onion, peas, corn, mushroom etc

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

*Raises hand* I have the adobo and chipotle seasonings. In the winter, I sometimes get their hot chocolate mix with mint.

Your curry sounds delicious!
I'm going to have leftover sesame-ginger soy curls and broccoli for dinner tonight.
I think it was you that got me to look them up! With Fox Point! Once I registered my email I check for specials each week.
I'm sorry I missed the free "Choose Love" coffee mug with purchase last week.

The Turkish blend and the Lamb seasoning are what I use for gyro seitan, which I'm about to make now. Like they 'kinda' remind me of gyros, but I feel I'm missing something? I also use slices of garlic

I use a lot of Revolution and Justice.

Reactions: PTree15
I love those quick cook noodles. ^I have been having rice noodles lately. I like them. I do miss egg noodles weirdly after being vegan 15 years now! Oh no, 16 years this year.:)

I am thinking of ordering a takeaway from our fav restaurant tonight as I have been cooking at home quite a bit so I thought we deserved a treat, haha.

I made a Thai inspired spicy peanut stir-fry last night with soy curls as the meat. I am so addicted to soy curls. They take on whatever flavour you infuse them with and provide a real meaty texture.

Oh, that sounds wonderful! I, too, am hooked on the soy curls. Your dish sounds tasty, and I might try something similar. I love spicy peanut sauce.

I also want to infuse them with buffalo sauce. I think they would be great in a buffalo wrap with a vegan-mayo based dressing, lettuce, onions, and maybe some vegan cheese. I want to try the chik'n salad that was in the video posted in the soy curls thread as well. So many possibilities. And I like that they are quick to prepare. Seitan is still my favorite protein, but soy curls are quickly moving up in the standings!

Your dish sounds tasty, and I might try something similar. I love spicy peanut sauce.

Here's the ingredients I used if you want to try my version.

Sauce Ingredients:

1 cup natural peanut butter

1 can organic coconut milk (whole, full fat)

4 tablespoons fresh lime juice

3 tablespoons soy sauce

1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger root

3 cloves garlic, minced

* hot sauce (sriracha) -1 tbsp for mild, 2 tbsp for medium, 3 tbsp for spicy, 4 tbsp for HOT, etc.

I make the sauce first and set that aside until ready to cook the stir-fry, as the veggie prep take a little while. It keeps well in the fridge, so it can be made well in advance. However, with fresh minced garlic in it, which spoils relatively fast, I don't recommend more than 4-5 days in the fridge. I've never tried freezing it, but I don't see why it wouldn't freeze well.

For veggies: I used sweet onion, bok choy, broccoli, carrot, red bell pepper, and bean spouts. I top the stir-fry with crushed peanuts, bean sprouts, chopped cilantro and a fresh squeeze of lime juice. I like rice noodles, myself, but rice or whatever you like works fine. If you're like me you could even just veg out without any rice or noodles. With the soy curls in there it's quite satiating.

The soy curls:
I did the fresh hot water rinse thing first, which I do recommend. Then I marinaded them in a fairly strong hot vegan chicken stock. I couldn't believe how tasty they are. Even before I browned them, I could have ate them just like that. In the stir-fry they would likely fool a hardcore carnist. It was amazingly delicious!

Here's the ingredients I used if you want to try my version.

Sauce Ingredients:

1 cup natural peanut butter

1 can organic coconut milk (whole, full fat)

4 tablespoons fresh lime juice

3 tablespoons soy sauce

1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger root

3 cloves garlic, minced

* hot sauce (sriracha) -1 tbsp for mild, 2 tbsp for medium, 3 tbsp for spicy, 4 tbsp for HOT, etc.

I make the sauce first and set that aside until ready to cook the stir-fry, as the veggie prep take a little while. It keeps well in the fridge, so it can be made well in advance. However, with fresh minced garlic in it, which spoils relatively fast, I don't recommend more than 4-5 days in the fridge. I've never tried freezing it, but I don't see why it wouldn't freeze well.

For veggies: I used sweet onion, bok choy, broccoli, carrot, red bell pepper, and bean spouts. I top the stir-fry with crushed peanuts, bean sprouts, chopped cilantro and a fresh squeeze of lime juice. I like rice noodles, myself, but rice or whatever you like works fine. If you're like me you could even just veg out without any rice or noodles. With the soy curls in there it's quite satiating.

The soy curls: I did the fresh hot water rinse thing first, which I do recommend. Then I marinaded them in a fairly strong hot vegan chicken stock. I couldn't believe how tasty they are. Even before I browned them, I could have ate them just like that. In the stir-fry they would likely fool a hardcore carnist. It was amazingly delicious!

Thank you for that! It sounds fantastic.

last night was couscous - lots of fresh veggies carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, olives, green onions, cucumber with lots of spices - bouillon in the water - garlic granules in with the dry couscous and some fennel seeds - sauce of hummus, caper juice, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard, water, cayenne pepper

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven