April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the new beauty standards are silly. I mean, thigh gaps? I don't see why that matters. Who cares.

The interesting part is that thight gaps are also about how your pelvis are buildt. Some people can't have it without being way too thin...

Some of the beauty goals are not for everybody. That's aldo why I hope mote people should talk about health goals.

I woke up feeling like I’m fighting some kind of illness. 😫 I’m so mad because we can start bringing stuff to the new house tomorrow. And today is a nice day for walking but I can barely move without getting winded. So no walk for me today.

I have decided to stop the junk food snacking. Yesterday I was excellent. I only had a little popcorn. I’m thinking part of my being out of breath is the weight gain. I’m noticing my resting heart rate has increased from 58 to 64 over the last six months. It’s still low, but I’m concerned because I do take medication for an arrhythmia and my cholesterol is on the high side of normal. An increase in resting heart rate can be a sign of a heart disease. So good that it’s scaring me to start taking steps to do better. I need to do better and drop a few pounds.

I’m noticing my resting heart rate has increased from 58 to 64 over the last six months. It’s still low, but I’m concerned because I do take medication for an arrhythmia and my cholesterol is on the high side of normal. An increase in resting heart rate can be a sign of a heart disease.

Are you going to try and see a doctor? Maybe you could get a telephone appointment.

Are you going to try and see a doctor? Maybe you could get a telephone appointment.
I don’t think it warrants that at this point. I have felt like this before so I’m not too concerned right now. I did have my yearly cardiac physical a few months ago. If I start to feel worse I will definitely call for advice.
I’ve been eating way too much sugar (even for me), high fat foods and salt. I really think a few days of eating healthier foods will help. Of course, I have to see if I’m actually coming down with something or if I’m just having a bad day.

The interesting part is that thight gaps are also about how your pelvis are buildt. Some people can't have it without being way too thin...

Some of the beauty goals are not for everybody. That's aldo why I hope mote people should talk about health goals.
And some people (like me) are thin, yet still don't have a thigh gap. Most of my weight is in my thighs.

• Agree
Reactions: hungryraccoon
I don’t think it warrants that at this point. I have felt like this before so I’m not too concerned right now. I did have my yearly cardiac physical a few months ago. If I start to feel worse I will definitely call for advice.
I’ve been eating way too much sugar (even for me), high fat foods and salt. I really think a few days of eating healthier foods will help. Of course, I have to see if I’m actually coming down with something or if I’m just having a bad day.
I've just thought: could you make cabbage juice and drink a good quantity of it in one day? It's like a "magic pill", and i do it in "cases of emergency", e.g. when i had been eating too much "dry" food and too little "wet" food, and my blocky carcass started showing off (like, it aches here and there, everything's wrong, COPD is worse than usual, joints ache, guts misbehave, gastritis is back, etc., etc.)...- then i just make cabbage juice (i mean, pure juice, without anything,- no water, no other juices added, just a huge cabbage head, turned into a medium mason jar of juice). I drink it in one sip. If i'm lucky to have 2 cabbage heads,- then i have 2 jars of juice and drink the 2nd one 6-7 hrs after the 1st one. In a nutshell, after that, i feel like someone has kicked me in the @ss, and i can run again, like an "electric broom". I realize that such quantities of pure cabbage juice are not for everyone, because pure cabbage juice is quite... weird and freaky in taste. But it's worth it: it tastes like pure Sulforaphane (nothing like cabbage, when you eat its leaves). Anyway, it helps me, when i caught cold, when i'm exhausted, when head aches, when i have stomach issues, ...and i feel sad that i can't make it now, because it's very hard for mom to drag cabbage heads from the market, and i prefer devouring cabbage, as i'm trying to be frugal. But even a "raw cabbage-based diet" has helped me a week ago, when i was feeling very poorly, and i thought i needed to do something. If you own a juice maker, you could try... Sorry for my usual demagoguery,- i've devoured too much cabbage and farro for lunch and i'm digesting, so my brains aren't moving. :lol:

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
@Val...I don’t have cabbage but maybe I’ll try and it to my pickup order for next Monday.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
The weird thing with me I've been starting to notice is how "normal" I've been feeling lately. For several years, I've suffered from low back pain and I've tried everything I can think of to relieve it (accupuncture, yoga, chiropractor, orthodics, core work, etc…), with no long-term success. But now, ever since we've been on the stay at home order, my back has been good. I couldn't tell you the last time I took a tylenol or advil for the pain.

The one thing that is different is that I've really upped my vitamins, beyond just my senior multi. I ready early on that vitamin C, zinc and D could help possibly fight viruses, so I added those. I also added a B12 supplement and a folate. And I added omega 3s, glucosamine and turmeric. All vegan versions.

Do I feel better because I'm doing far less, getting a lot of sleep or because of the vitamins? :???: :iiam: :sleepy:

The weird thing with me I've been starting to notice is how "normal" I've been feeling lately. For several years, I've suffered from low back pain and I've tried everything I can think of to relieve it (accupuncture, yoga, chiropractor, orthodics, core work, etc…), with no long-term success. But now, ever since we've been on the stay at home order, my back has been good. I couldn't tell you the last time I took a tylenol or advil for the pain.

The one thing that is different is that I've really upped my vitamins, beyond just my senior multi. I ready early on that vitamin C, zinc and D could help possibly fight viruses, so I added those. I also added a B12 supplement and a folate. And I added omega 3s, glucosamine and turmeric. All vegan versions.

Do I feel better because I'm doing far less, getting a lot of sleep or because of the vitamins? :???: :iiam: :sleepy:
I've noticed this weird change either! As a rule, my condition depends on my stomach's (and then - guts') behaviour. Within the last few years, i've been dependent on Pancreatine (a.k.a. pills for digestion), because i'm like a boa constrictor: the food that i eat is hardly digested, because of my super low stomach acidity, plus i never feel hungry, and i eat just because it's time and because i know that "it's time". But now that i'm working from home, and i don't have to be in a hurry in order to get up, do my morning routine, leave the house, get on a "route taxi", a subway train, another bus, get to work, withstand the whole day, and then get back home, having bought something to eat... now my inner rhythms have changed, and my blocky carcass feels relaxed, as it doesn't feel a threat anymore. This is an oxymoron: the real threat is here, outside the house, it's everywhere, but my brain feels like i'm on vacations,- therefore it gives my stomach "good vibes". I don't need any pills for digestion anymore! Meanwhile, i'm not completely raw, therefore autolysis is not the case (not always, at least), but now i'm able to eat more. Also, i feel less bloated, and i almost don't take my Simeticone pills (against bloating)! Miracles...:???::iiam: Anyway, i'm contented. My long evening walks help my digestion a lot too (i feel it). I've been dreaming about it (the improvements) for many years, and it's happening now!

My body definitely feels better the less I move. Which is frustrating. Because obviously not moving isn’t healthy. So I move anyway and deal with the pain.

I took four naps today...definitely something going on. I’m just starting to feel better, too. So whatever it is requires sleep, which is usually elusive to me anyway. I have the weird burning feeling in my chest but not as severe as it was a month ago when I thought I had covid19. It’s pretty mild. So must just be a mild bug, which is weird because with all of the protections I have in place, you would think there’s not way any germ could get at me.

And some people (like me) are thin, yet still don't have a thigh gap. Most of my weight is in my thighs.

Yeah. The genetics have too much to say for a thight gap. So that someone found out that all women should look like that it's just stupid...

It's like this perfect six pack on men. Some people can work out and have low body fat and still don't look like that.

A sprinter will never be good at marathon. And the other way. Vert, very few can switch such different sports and be world champion in both...

Yeah. The genetics have too much to say for a thight gap. So that someone found out that all women should look like that it's just stupid...

It's like this perfect six pack on men. Some people can work out and have low body fat and still don't look like that.

A sprinter will never be good at marathon. And the other way. Vert, very few can switch such different sports and be world champion in both...

Yes, exactly.

I have done this quiz before. I'm in between a mesomorph and endomorph. I'm never going to be really thin, unless I starved myself. I wouldn't even want to be anyway. I like being curvy. :)

Body Type Quiz: Are You an Endomorph, Ectomorph, or Mesomorph? | Everyday Health

Yes, exactly.

I have done this quiz before. I'm in between a mesomorph and endomorph. I'm never going to be really thin, unless I starved myself. I wouldn't even want to be anyway. I like being curvy. :)

Body Type Quiz: Are You an Endomorph, Ectomorph, or Mesomorph? | Everyday Health

Based on that test, I'm probably an ecto-endo, but I could also be a meso-endo (I have a tiny frame but am thick through the middle). But at this point, I'm not likely to follow the recommendations to do high-intensity cardio to redesign my body! :lol:

My husband is 60 and still working. And still needs to look professional. This working from home is a challenge because when he travels he typically wears button shirts with slacks and a jacket and he usually looks pretty good - he's not overweight and mostly fit. But his "at home" work apparel tends more toward knits and, at best, a golfing look (typical old white guy! lol). We had to have the chat yesterday, when he was getting ready to do an important video conference, that the knit look, even with an undershirt and a great color choice, just wasn't going to be ideal anymore. He needs to get a few button down short sleeve shirts and stay away from the golf look...

…because of man boobs. :fp:

Found an app called 24 Go. From the 24 hour fitness people. The video on the iphone can be sent to my tv (via apple tv). pretty low quality but who cares. They also have some youtube videos. This might be what I have been looking for.

I haven't pulled the trigger on buying dumbells yet. But Amazon has a pretty good deal on them. and the free shipping can't be beat. I was looking at some other sellers and the price of shipping was more than the dumbells

Reactions: Val and Chryssie
I don't know what I am! I am such a mixture and my weight has shifted over the years! I get meso-endo but that isn't right at all!

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven
Status
Not open for further replies.