The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us! (June 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The harder stuff is bowls, dishes, mugs, decorative plates, some crystal that was my mom’s and my kids don’t want any of it. Housewares are my weakness.

Can't you just get everything out and choose your absolute favourites? Maybe display some as well in a glass cabinet so you can enjoy them.

Aww. That reminds me I got some frozen blueberries out of the freezer last night. I'm going to make a smoothie.

Same here but only because I didn't get to Brighton on the 10 th! I absolutely love charity shopping in the UK.:D

I haven't been to Brighton in years! I used to go there all the time when I used to live in South London.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I just went to the shop as I needed a few bits. The Russian shop sells unsalted nuts at quite a good price so I bought bags of almonds, cashews and walnuts.

Can't you just get everything out and choose your absolute favourites? Maybe display some as well in a glass cabinet so you can enjoy them.

Aww. That reminds me I got some frozen blueberries out of the freezer last night. I'm going to make a smoothie.

I haven't been to Brighton in years! I used to go there all the time when I used to live in South London.

It's my favourite place in the UK. I always feel like 'I've come back home' when I arrive at Brighton station. :D

Been at Tunevannet this evening with Rime. So he could take a bath. I regret I didn't bring a shorts and towel for myself too. So if the weather is as good as today, I will go there tomorrow too.

On Friday I will go to Sjoa and the mountain. Rime and I. I was offered to borrow a camper there for free while the owner is at work in Oslo. It's so nice of her. :) Fun thing is that I have never met her in person, but we have been Facebook friends for years. I'm invited up to the fall too, when she's there so we can meet and talk around the bonfire. And I'm planning to go. Even though my "holliday with other people" are more or less used with two agility camps. I think it will be nice. I have to buy a gift tomorrow or Friday to leave there for her. I hope I find a really pink, feminine bag to put it in, as that's so far at is can come from her style. :D

I got a new addiction now. And have started to learn gaelic. :D

Feasgar math!

I tried some Gaelic many years ago! It's extremely different from English, at least if you focus on the spelling. I found some of the sounds to be difficult to pronounce, having grown up speaking English, French and German.

Then I saw a TV broadcast in Gaelic and realized it sounds a lot more familiar and consistent with other languages I know if you're just listening. I think the differences in spelling are part of the challenge. Next time, I want to focus on the spelling part for a while before diving into the actual vocab and grammar.

• Love
Reactions: Mikkel and Val
This is a video from my Youtube channel. I decided it wouldn't be inappropriate to upload it to my channel, because it had been sent to my mom by our Armenian friends who live in Sochi, at Black sea shore. Here you can see dolphins chasing fish very close to the shore. Looks fantastic.🐬🐬🐬

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is cloudy with scattered showers expected. I am working as a cashier 11-4 today. Sherri and I met at Central 28 last night and got yummy Sweets-n-Eats food. There were a lot of people there which is good to see. I bought a new t-shirt but it is tight so I am going to ask if I can exchange it. I hate it when sizes are "off". A medium should have fit better!

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
I tried some Gaelic many years ago! It's extremely different from English, at least if you focus on the spelling. I found some of the sounds to be difficult to pronounce, having grown up speaking English, French and German.

Then I saw a TV broadcast in Gaelic and realized it sounds a lot more familiar and consistent with other languages I know if you're just listening. I think the differences in spelling are part of the challenge. Next time, I want to focus on the spelling part for a while before diving into the actual vocab and grammar.
I have always wanted to learn Gaelic. A friend in college took a class in it and said it was fascinating.

Haunting instrumental music outside last night at around midnight. Nice but i wanted to sleep. Could not identify the instrument, at first i thought i was a clarinet.

My ex learned Gaelic in school, it is compulsory in Ireland... he said that if you needed to go to the bathroom, you had to stand up and ask the teacher to go in Gaelic... that was back in the 1970s though, not sure if teachers are still that hardcore strict today... :)

i have thought of learning Gaelic from time to time, being a third Irish/Scottish ... :)

Hey everyone! Work was exhausting. It was busy most of the day. I fixed my early dinner when I got home because I was starving. I am ready for a beer now and will probably go to bed early.

I miss liking beer! I liked Zima, and no, I don't think Smirnoff ice or the other things out there are like it
I tried a hard sparking water and wasn't a fan of that either
I do like gin, I may buy the Bombay Sapphire, I still have an open sparkling grapefruit and a cranberry juice

This is a video from my Youtube channel. I decided it wouldn't be inappropriate to upload it to my channel, because it had been sent to my mom by our Armenian friends who live in Sochi, at Black sea shore. Here you can see dolphins chasing fish very close to the shore. Looks fantastic.🐬🐬🐬

“So long and thanks for all the fish”

• Haha
Reactions: Lou and Val
I miss liking beer! I liked Zima, and no, I don't think Smirnoff ice or the other things out there are like it
I tried a hard sparking water and wasn't a fan of that either
I do like gin, I may buy the Bombay Sapphire, I still have an open sparkling grapefruit and a cranberry juice

How do you feel about hard cider? These are really tasty and low ABV. Very light and refreshing.

Reactions: silva and KLS52
How do you feel about hard cider? These are really tasty and low ABV. Very light and refreshing.
I like the drier ones, I think Smith and Forge was good. I actually would like a higher alcohol content!
Aldi had a coffee stout with notes of chocolate I loved, and never found any like it- not Trader Joes that sounds like it either. It was Tumwater brand.
Guiness is ok. It's more that I used to like beers, the cheap ones.
Oh, Cleveland Brewing company makes one with evergreen notes--Burning River

Stupid gawdawful watermelon. I put it in a bag, thinking it was solid. I found watermelon jizz all over the floor,- leaky bag! So very nasty! Don't understand how it held up until now, like someone kicked it?
Anyway, I wiped it up, sprinkled cleaner and brought out my ALdi steam mop-second one from there- and it won't heat :bang:
I think my best mop thing is the cheapy one that has cloth pads and a spray bottle you fill!

I woke up at 5 am as it was so stuffy during the night. It's time for the AC during nightimes.

Lol, I've been tiptoeing around the flat and didn't dare open the shutters because of my downstairs neighbour. I sometimes wonder how she
would have managed with a noisy neighbour living above her flat?

I'm invited to a party this afternoon and am going to make a huge batch of Rocky Road.

I had to get up to feed the dogs as my husband is working the early shift this weekend.

I am having almonds and water. I really want some tofu. I might see if my husband can get me some if Holland & Barrett is open now.

I woke up at 5 am as it was so stuffy during the night. It's time for the AC during nightimes.

Lol, I've been tiptoeing around the flat and didn't dare open the shutters because of my downstairs neighbour. I sometimes wonder how she
would have managed with a noisy neighbour living above her flat?

I'm invited to a party this afternoon and am going to make a huge batch of Rocky Road.
Oh I meant to ask how that went. I gather she never called you?

Status
Not open for further replies.