The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us! (June 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there someone to wave customers to the next 'booth"? Seems a bit much! I don't see any plexiglass divider in front of the cashier though?

Morning/afternoon y'all! There is plexiglass but it is kind of hard to see in the picture. I know it is there so I see the square of it at the first register. There is supposed to be a supervisor at the front to "direct traffic" but sometimes they aren't scheduled in yet or have to go elsewhere. It is a pain!

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
We have been clearing out our house the past couple of days. I just got my shoulder sun burned being out in the garden and I got bitten by something on my face.:unamused: It will feel good to get rid of some of this useless crap tomorrow, though. :heart_eyes:
One of the pluses of moving house was being able to declutter. I’m still getting rid of stuff although some of it has been difficult to part with. But I just can’t justify keeping it all. There just isn’t the space and it’s stuff I don’t use. I just like and want it. ☹️ But I’m slowly making the break.

From the Vons delivery app. Not that I’m planning to buy it, but how does the “special pricing” even make sense?

By the way, i was told I could order groceries; they’d leave it out front and someone would bring it in for me. I was thinking of treating myself and ordering some vegetarian sushi for my birthday, because I won’t be able to go out for it this year, but Vons doesn’t have it, while Ralphs does. That’s the premade stuff. I could also order it fresh made from a sushi restaurant, but if I’m ordering from a supermarket anyway... What to do, what to do... 🤔

Attachments

• 8F0FD59D-C60E-474C-BBFA-B5D46D135455.jpeg
    8F0FD59D-C60E-474C-BBFA-B5D46D135455.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Friendly
Upon further research, I’ve discovered that sushi IS available from Vons through Instacart, but not the Vons delivery app. I can also get sushi through Instacart from other supermarkets such as Erewhon and Gelson’s, though they’re more expensive because those are more upscale chains.

Nothing beats fresh made from a sushi restaurant, however. 😁

Been at Tunevannet this evening with Rime. So he could take a bath. I regret I didn't bring a shorts and towel for myself too. So if the weather is as good as today, I will go there tomorrow too.

On Friday I will go to Sjoa and the mountain. Rime and I. I was offered to borrow a camper there for free while the owner is at work in Oslo. It's so nice of her. :) Fun thing is that I have never met her in person, but we have been Facebook friends for years. I'm invited up to the fall too, when she's there so we can meet and talk around the bonfire. And I'm planning to go. Even though my "holliday with other people" are more or less used with two agility camps. I think it will be nice. I have to buy a gift tomorrow or Friday to leave there for her. I hope I find a really pink, feminine bag to put it in, as that's so far at is can come from her style. :D

I got a new addiction now. And have started to learn gaelic. :D

Feasgar math!

I have been invited (by Sherri) so go out to play bingo at a brewpub near where she works. I will ride with Kevin. Bingo there (Hourglass brewing) costs money to play, but then you win money. I will play a few games. There is a taco place next door to get food at so that is good. I have been there before but it has been a couple of years. Hourglass is a cool place with Star Wars decorations!
I am looking to buy a new Fitbit. I can't decide if I want a basic one or a fancy one. I like the Zip but it is wearing out and the new ones are super expensive. There are so many varieties in the "watch" type, that I can't decide.

Reactions: Amy SF and Val
One of the pluses of moving house was being able to declutter. I’m still getting rid of stuff although some of it has been difficult to part with. But I just can’t justify keeping it all. There just isn’t the space and it’s stuff I don’t use. I just like and want it. ☹ But I’m slowly making the break.

What is it you are getting rid of?

My MIL is coming round later so we can drop off stuff to the tip. I am so sick of this clutter. I want almost a whole new wardrobe when things get back to normal too. I miss my charity shop shopping. So many women on another forum are saying the same thing, lol.

The weather has been really up and down here, hot and humid and then thunderstorms. It's raining now.

• Friendly
What is it you are getting rid of?
Oh my, let’s see...clothes, shoes, old handbags/purses. The harder stuff is bowls, dishes, mugs, decorative plates, some crystal that was my mom’s and my kids don’t want any of it. Housewares are my weakness. Fashion/costume jewelry, nothing expensive because I was never into the real stuff. Small appliances and gadgets that I always thought were so cool and going to make my life so much easier, lol. Old paintings. I could go on and on but this is the gist of it.

• Informative
Reactions: Val and shyvas
Morning/afternoon y'all! I had a great time last night going out to the Hourglass with Kevin and Sherri. Her co-worker (I have met before) and her husband and adult daughter came too. The bingo was fun but since it costs money there (unlike at Central 28), I only played two games. (did not win). You do win the "pot" of money that is collected and Robert, husband of Sherri's friend, won the first one which was $74 which is really cool. No more wins for our table though. They do bingo up on a big screen with a computer app unlike Central 28 which does it "old school." We got taco salad at the taco place next door and it was really good. Had a couple half pours of Hourglass's beer and sampled a couple more. There was a pretty big crowd inside and the outside seating was full as well. The tables were spaced out and employees were wearing masks. It poured down rain while we were there but stopped for our drive home.
Tonight I will meet Sherri at Central 28 for Sweets-n-Eats. Kevin has to work though.

Aaaaaaa! :starshower:Guess where Unghshu is at the moment?? Unghshu is at the country (Elijah took me here, and right now, we're at the 5th quarry, in Shapki resort village!) :hh: :bd: There are 4 of us: Liza, David, Elijah and Unghshu. Unghshu has been swimming already (for the first time this summer)! I'm going to swim one more time before we leave. I promise to post some photos when we come back to our community, because now my battery is low. Elijah wants to leave, but Liza and i disagree. The water is so warm and soft, and it smells like rivers in Caucasus, that i could sit in the water for 2 hours.💖🌅🌄

Last edited:
Both Rime and I swam today. He had his life jacket on, and it fitted perfect. And when he found out he could float, he loved to swim.

Most of my things packed in the car. Soon bedtime. And looking forward to our trip tomorrow. :)

Oidhche mhath!

Hello again!

NYC is getting less socially distant so I've been going out and doing more things. More volunteering, art projects, gardening, and getting to know my neighbors better.

It's been a long day, and I don't have that much to report. I'm just glad that life is moving forward.

I went to the doctor and got some pain meds (just a strong NSAID) and a new referral. I haven't had a chance to see the other doctor yet, but the pain meds have improved my life so much already. I've been living with a lot of pain for the past decade or more. Without it, I feel like a different person, and I'm getting more stuff done.

My pup says hi too. He's so sweet. I wish you all could meet him.

Howdy, folks. 👋

I told my sister about my desire to treat myself to vegetarian sushi for my birthday, and she said if I get it from a market, order from Erewhon. (She shops there all the time.) So that’s settled.

It's just past 6.30am here. And I've been awake for a couple of hours already. My sleep schedule is just fraked up... But at least I will be on an early start. I need to stop at a shop first, as I need a couple clothes. For real. Besides shoes for work, I haven't both clothes after Rime moved in here. So no. I never do the "don't shop" challenges. That's the story of my life... :p

My MIL is coming round later so we can drop off stuff to the tip. I am so sick of this clutter. I want almost a whole new wardrobe when things get back to normal too. I miss my charity shop shopping. So many women on another forum are saying the same thing, lol.

The weather has been really up and down here, hot and humid and then thunderstorms. It's raining now.

Same here but only because I didn't get to Brighton on the 10 th! I absolutely love charity shopping in the UK.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.