Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

we ate just one meal yesterday - my choice was ramen noodles with brussel sprouts and kale with a half a can of brown lentils and then lemon juice, tamari, rice vinegar, spices and a drizzle of tahini on top

popcorn later for a snack

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Veggie nuggets, pan fried French beans served with a tossed gem lettuce & avocado salad, vinaigrette/yeast flakes
Kiwis
A glass of chardonnay

perogies with onion and jalapeno, a Field Roast Apple Sage sausage sliced in and baby brussel sprouts in lemon/mustard/pepper/butter

Emma JC
Did you make, or buy, the perogies? I've really been wanting to try and make them, as I don't know which are vegan. I think the last time I bought them they were like just plain mashed potatoes, maybe a bit seasoned. I'd love to make them with the Daiya pepperjack shreds I have!

Made a very very spicy chili! Maybe I'll dice up some potatoes to add to this (no, not sweet potatoes 🙄

Did you make, or buy, the perogies? I've really been wanting to try and make them, as I don't know which are vegan. I think the last time I bought them they were like just plain mashed potatoes, maybe a bit seasoned. I'd love to make them with the Daiya pepperjack shreds I have!

Made a very very spicy chili! Maybe I'll dice up some potatoes to add to this (no, not sweet potatoes 🙄

I buy the perogies. We have a brand that has a good selection of them that are vegan by default, not labelled as such. The same section of the freezer area has veggie pot stickers too which we occasionally enjoy.

These ones were "fried onion" and they also have mushroom.

Having them with a nice chili would be a great choice!

Making them seems like just too much work as I try to buy them when on sale, plus, I would probably eat way more of them if I made them. :p

Emma JC

Veggie pot pie. This came from a vegan restaurant in town that I'm trying to help stay afloat amid the pandemic (as much as I can because I'm always watching the pennies). I bought a three-entree "take and bake" that also included Timbale (which was excellent) and an Indian dish I have yet to try. The pot pie was advertised as seitan pot pie, but the serving I had maybe had three cubes in it, and it wasn't very good -- it was bland. My homemade seitan is much better! Also, it was a top crust only. It tasted OK, but I will doctor up tonight's serving with some vegan sausage, peas and some celery seed. It had mostly corn and zucchini for the veggies. The sauce was decent, but overall, I like my own pot pie better. I do have high hopes for the Indian dish because this place does Indian pretty well.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I will be trying out that Indian dish from the vegan place in town: Aloo Bhaji (not sure about the spelling, that's how they spelled it. :D) with some rice.

Reactions: Emma JC and silva
Made a gyro seitan and steamed rice cheese yesterday, so I bought some pitas and making 'kinda-gyros'.
They both came out crazy good--says me and my son. I added some msg I just bought, and forgot that till now! WOW, stuff is amazing!

Now I'm gonna wing a farro-chickpea soup in the IP, with whole grain farro, and canned chickpeas. Winging the timing

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
made the Instant Pot Corn Chowder again last night and this time I chopped up some potatoes and boiled them separately and then when the chowder was done we added the small chunks of potatoes into the chowder in our bowls - it is High Carb Hannah's recipe and I like that she puts in a cup of lentils

it was delicious and I sprinkled on top some plain croutons that I have leftover from Christmas - our store was selling these huge bags of 'stuffing croutons' (for $4) and I love them as they make a great snack instead of popcorn or chips - they are very basic with almost no fat or salt as they are meant to absorb in a stuffing/dressing mixture - I was so happy that they still had a few bags left when I went to the store last week so now I have another huge bag to last a few weeks

Emma JC

Reactions: Chryssie
was so excited last night to make my couscous/chick pea garlic meal - did great, roasted the garlic, threw in some green onions and celery to saute lightly with it, chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, baby kale etc - mixed it all together and started serving when I realized I forgot the chick peas.................... arrrrgghhhh - I was so so disappointed as I love the chick peas in it but we were too hungry to start adding them so threw some roasted cashews on top instead :sniff:

Emma JC

I got Chipotle after work, a sofrito bowl. Their online order site wouldn't didn't have an option for no cilantro in the rice, so I opted for the sofritos since I wasn't getting rice. Wow is there a lot of cumin! I remembered not really liking them, but thought it was just too spicy, this was just all cumin.
Not a big bowl either, I was still hungry and having tortilla chips and Daiya pepperjack shreds. I thought about putting them on the bowl but it would have just ruined the chips!
I need to reevaluate my food choices lately

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Green lentil, mushroom & soya chunk stew with crispy fried onions, a sprinkle of yeast flakes plus a drizzle of evo.
A mango almond milk pudding
A mandarin
A glass of Côtes du Duras.

Reactions: Emma JC