Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

minestrone soup - used a mix as the base and then added lots of vegetables and a bit of extra pasta and a can of white kidney beans - had a small baquette as well

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
I think I am going to have vegan nachos with either refried beans or seitan as a protein. (I still need to make the seitan, haha). I will add onions, green olives, chopped pepperoncini and vegan cheese. I will top it all off with hot sauce. My team is playing football tonight, so it's sort of like a football Sunday extended for me.

Stir fry: Chick pea and tofu with red/white quinoa, cabbage, bok choy, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and portabello mushroom seasoned with dulse flakes, soy sauce and miso paste. So easy, so delicious, so nutritious.

Reactions: Emma JC
last night I made Hannah's instant pot chili again... well I tried to.... true to form, I decided to add my own touch and that was a disaster

first, I didn't rinse the canned beans, second, added two extra tablespoons of tomato paste, third, added a cup of red lentils (dry) when the recipe calls for canned (rinsed!!!) beans.... fourth, I cut the vegetables too large

within moments of the instant pot coming up to heat the alarm started ringing saying BURN BURN - all the red lentils had gone to the bottom and stuck there as there wasn't enough liquid to keep them floating because it was too thick with all the aquafava and extra tomato paste...

I immediately transferred it all to a pot on the stove and managed to save all but the lentils that were stuck to the bottom.

It was so delicious last time and why I had to mess with it, I don't know. This version was okay and we still enjoyed it but made a lot more work for myself.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Wow. I sort of am glad to hear this. I sometimes screw up meals. I'm glad to find myself in good company. :)
I've only had my IP alarm go off once and that was when i added the rice but forgot the water. Still don't know how I did that.

But the very worst thing i ever did was add the rice and the water but hadn't put the pot in the cooker. I had to take the thing apart to get all the rice out of the inside.

When they made the IP idiot proof they forgot about me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
somehow I missed lunch. I had a late breakfast, decided to go for a walk before lunch. Stopped at a friends house to chit-chat. We ended up sitting in his driveway (physically distant with masks) for over an hour. By the time I got home, it was late afternoon.
The frig is a little bit empty cause I am going grocery shopping today.
So for dinner, I had a bowl of corn chowder and avocado edamame* smash with lettuce and tomato sandwich.

this morning i had a Foldable Just Egg with slices of Field roast deli and Chao on a Sandwich Thin.

* One of these days I'm going to learn how to spell edamame. Right now I have to look it up every time. I spell it so badly that even the spell checker doesn't know what I'm trying to say and suggests endgame.

Last edited:
I had a big salad with vegan mayo and apple cider vinegar earlier, then some vegan chocolate, salted peanuts and white grapes.

I still feel quite full but I'm having pizza with Violife cheese tonight.

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
Tonight I will have baked seitan sausages with sauerkraut plus apple sauce and mashed potatoes.

• Love
Hodgepodge pie with brussels, peas a drizzle of evo and a sprinkle of yeast flakes.
A juicy mango.
A glass of full bodied red (nas) wine.

A big spring mix salad with dried cranberries, the cheese I made, olives and balsamic dressing.
That big jar of olives from Aldi are wayyyyyy salty! They were super good last year! I mean I still like them, just have to mince them up