Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm working through some leftovers: pasta salad, lentil loaf with mustard, sliced cucumbers with Italian dressing and corn on the cob.
Ooooh, you're reading my mind. Before going to bed (an hour ago), i realized i was craving mustard. Why??? - :iiam: Perhaps i'm just craving something hot, because previously, i devoured one jar of horseradish and bought another one. I also devoured the rest of pickled jalapeños and ordered mom to bring my last jar from town. She's in town now, and she'll have a chance to go to Crossroads tomorrow and buy me some fancy mustard, as i don't want an ordinary one.😆

Just eaten a few foods:
A bunch of beans from the garden (they look like butter beans, and they are good when eaten raw,- stomach and guts feel awesome after these beans);
Also, a salad of chopped white cabbage and corn;
Sauerkraut;
Pickled cuckes;
Reinette Simirenko apples;
Iranian dates;
Steeped oregano and steeped sage.

last night I just had some tortilla chips and hummus with a small piece of chocolate as I had a large lunch again with the couscous/lentil/salad mix

I kinda like eating less... and wow, it sure saves on groceries and on pounds

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I made Gardien porkless bites with broccoli, onions and basmati rice. The Gardien had been in the freezer long enough to take on a 'freezer' taste!
I really dislike basmati rice, it was the last of the bag
That is interesting about basmati... When i was a vegan newbie, about 17 yrs ago,- i really believed that "if you have become vegan, you have to eat a loooot of rice from now on". But i'd overeaten it in my childhood and i was struggling to make my rice dishes just a little bit suitable for me. (White Kuban rice even was a reminder about chicken soup, so...) Eventually, i realized i didn't want any rice at all! Basmati was the only one that i could tolerate somehow (with addition of veggies). Later, when such cultivars as black and red rice appeared on shops' shelves, i was disappointed to discover that it didn't change anything in my current attitude towards rice in general. Before the LD, i used to eat black rice mesivo once in awhile (consisting of black rice, purple cabbage and teriyaki sauce), and i was eating it once in ~3 months, not more! But nowadays, black rice is very rare and sold in vegan shops only, so i decided it's not worth it and ditched the idea of getting any rice at all. I prefer farro and barley instead.😋

Reactions: Emma JC
I had a really good salad pizza from a local pizzeria. I was very pleased.
tell me more....
What's the base sauce? or just a salad salad, like Italian dressing? I could do ranch now that I've made vegan mayo! That does sound good!

Just had two ears of corn with nooch salt and pepper. Different from I usually get-very tender sweet kernals. I look for big, dark yellow-what some call "cow corn". And watermelon. Both have been really good this year!

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
tell me more....
What's the base sauce? or just a salad salad, like Italian dressing? I could do ranch now that I've made vegan mayo! That does sound good!

Just had two ears of corn with nooch salt and pepper. Different from I usually get-very tender sweet kernals. I look for big, dark yellow-what some call "cow corn". And watermelon. Both have been really good this year!
It’s just crust with marinara sauce to which they add salad. It had a vinegar and oil dressing. I did have to say no peppers no cheese...they add feta. I sprinkled my own vegan parmesan.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
we shared a small bread pizza base that we topped with mushrooms, green olives, green onions, a some shredded cheeze

we had a good lunch of chick pea couscous salad (green onions, tomatoes, olives, greens, chick peas, couscous) so we didn't need a huge evening meal although we did have a small bag of Skinny Pop popcorn for a snack after the pizza

Emma JC