Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night I used the Soy Curls again except this time I made them more like beef which we had on a bowl of rice with stir fried green peppers, celery, onions, garlic and broccoli - they were so good as I soaked them and then made up a mix of hoisin, soy sauce, ginger, orange zest, chili peppers and then fried them up

I went and bought 4 more packages as we can get 3 meals at least, out them, and at $6 per package I think that is a great deal and adds bulk and protein without adding a whole lot of calories.

Emma JC

I just hate when I make a recipe that gets such great reviews, make sure I do it exactly as written, with all the proper ingredients and amounts, and end up disliking it. I have the book Vegan Under Pressure, which I recommend for all the tips and tricks and proportions as introduction to Instant Pot cooking, but haven't been fond of most recipes. Just made Creamy Dreamy Zucchini chowder cause I had a lot of it, and it's just such a disappointment! I guess I should have known since I'm not really a zucchini fan to begin with. Just remembered--I didn't add nooch, that will help

ETA: naturally my son loved it! I added mixed veggies to mine and curry powder-for lunch this week

Last edited:
last night's dinner was delicious - I sauted a few garlic and an onion then added in the Gardein Pork-less Bites and sauce and had it with gnocchi drenched with my homemade pesto.... nooch on top, course - I didn't want the meal to end....

Emma JC

looks like it is a pea soup night tonight - my honey is making it and putting in celery, carrots, onions, parsnips.... yum...

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven and Val
last night was a mish mash of food - rice, ancient grains, one Tasty Bite Indian food package, brussel sprouts, chopped tomato/basil

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and Brian W
Ww gnochetti pasta with a sauce made with sliced seitan, sauteed courgettes, various seasoning including 4 pepper Cornish sea salt, grated Applewood cheese, a huge drizzle of evo and a sprinkle of yeast flakes.
A doughnut peach.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

I went to Coop and got a very much reduced plant based meal in a sale. Plant-based spicy soya and bean chilli with green jalapenos and a wild rice mix. I'm having that tonight and I hope it's nice. I will add some extra steamed veggies.