Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Ugh, I'm so tired of dinners! I just want breakfast and lunch, no more dinner!

Tonight, since I'm not living my perfect life, we're having Gardein "fish" sandwiches with chao cheese, tarter sauce and lettuce, roasted potatoes and sautéed rainbow chard with pomegranate sauce. :yuck:

Amys quinoa kale soup. An Amys candy bar. Son finished the non vegan ones so I wouldn’t be tempted and I had the vegan coconut one. :lick:

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Ugh, I'm so tired of dinners! I just want breakfast and lunch, no more dinner!

Tonight, since I'm not living my perfect life, we're having Gardein "fish" sandwiches with chao cheese, tarter sauce and lettuce, roasted potatoes and sautéed rainbow chard with pomegranate sauce. :yuck:

It's my favourite meal of the day. 🤗

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
Cream of mushroom soup.
Chicory & kale salad with strips of seitan, pumpkin seeds, vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Apple compote & soya cream.

Reactions: Val
I'm thinking sesame-ginger tofu with broccoli over rice, and maybe a salad, if I have room. :D I can do a number of the tofu, hehe.

I'm not a fan of tofu, but your's looks great. I think that you do a ginger/soya glaze ?
Thank you!
Yes, the glaze has ginger, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil and soy sauce and a few other things I can't remember...oh yeah, cornstarch. :D It's a Budget Bytes recipe. I love it because I get four meals out of it. I tastes even better the second day because the flavors really have time to meld. The glaze would work really well for any sort of stir-fry. The veggies really soak up the flavor. Next time I will add carrots, too. I love carrots in a stir-fry.
Here is the recipe for anyone who is interested.

Oh, and I'm having the tofu dish tonight for dinner. And a salad. I'm super hungry after a nice long walk today.

Last night was my birthday and my honey made me an awesome dinner of gnocchi with tons of garlic, onion, mushroom, and sausage. It was amazing and for dessert.... half each of two and the other two will be tonight, yum.

Emma JC

not sure why but it won't let me insert the image so you will have to click here to see it...

Last night was my birthday and my honey made me an awesome dinner of gnocchi with tons of garlic, onion, mushroom, and sausage. It was amazing and for dessert.... half each of two and the other two will be tonight, yum.

Emma JC

not sure why but it won't let me insert the image so you will have to click here to see it...

Happy birthday! Your birthday dinner sounds wonderful.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC

Emma JC

I thought you were talking about something else.:laughing:

• Haha
Last night I improvised what turned out to be a very tasty dinner. I took some frozen veggie meatballs, an unused packet of sweet and sour sauce leftover from some tempura cauliflower I bought several weeks back, and some frozen mixed veggies. I heated those 3 things in a pan with some extra minced garlic and mixed in some cooked rice. Very tasty!

Last edited: