Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

well we had seitan for the first time last night - there is a Canadian company that is making seitan roasts and sausages and pizzaroni (they also make cheeses) - I saw Edgy Veg using it and then happened to see it in a grocery store yesterday so picked up a shawarma roast (they are small roasts) and italian sausage

I made a shawarma style pita, not stuffing it but putting hummus on the pita then greens, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes and the heated (slightly crisped) pieces of sliced roast and then folding it over. My honey didn't have the pita, he just made a shawarma salad. It was good, nothing to write home about, satistying and filling.

The company is Gusta Foods and I applaud them for the products they are making as they have been building this vegan company since 2014 and have a boutique eatery in Montreal.

Emma JC

Reactions: Val
Spicy Sichuan Noodles and a prepared green salad from my favorite little eatery. E is traveling, so time to bring out the spice stuff!

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Last night was my birthday and my honey made me an awesome dinner of gnocchi with tons of garlic, onion, mushroom, and sausage. It was amazing and for dessert.... half each of two and the other two will be tonight, yum.

Emma JC

not sure why but it won't let me insert the image so you will have to click here to see it...

Happy birthday! :flower: :smitten: As we say, "S dnyom rozhdeniya"!🎂🥂🎁 🎊🎈🎉🎆

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Yesterday we help my boyfriend's parents move a couch into their place. In gratitude, they took us out for Mexican food for lunch. I had veggie fajitas, sans the tortillas since I find them to be bland, empty calories. Still, the sizzling skillet of veggie, plus the black beans, rice, lettuce, tomato and guacamole they give you on the side was more than enough. I was so full, I skipped dinner.

I just noticed, Val, your anniversary of joining the forum is just a few days away! Coincidentally, so is the anniversary of when I became vegetarian... 18 years ago, if memory serves!
Wow! That's so cool! So, in a few days we can send congrats to each other, lol.🎂 🎁 🎉 And 18 years... it's a long time!👍💖 It's 1 year longer than i've been identifying myself as a "vegan".

watched a video by Cheap Lazy Vegan, Rose, yesterday where she made a caesar salad with bok choy

since I had some bok choy in the fridge that needed using I decided to try it - she made the dressing with vegan mayo which I do not have but did happen to have some coconut greek vogurt - then I used up a half package of facon and made my own croutons, as she did, except instead of oil I used the aquafaba of the black beans that I was putting in my veggie/rice/beans mixture

the caesar was just okay, a bit too sweet for my liking and I won't make it again unless I go back to using hemp seeds for the base rather than yogurt - the croutons were great as was the facon

the rice and beans with veg and tomatoes was also good and as I made a huge pot am not going to have leftovers for lunch

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Tonight's dinner will be marinated, barbecue style tofu made in the air fryer served with steamed brussels and broccoli plus a drizzle of evo and perhaps
some sauteed mushrooms.
PB coconut and chocolate chip ice cream.

Tonight's dinner will be marinated, barbecue style tofu made in the air fryer served with steamed brussels and broccoli plus a drizzle of evo and perhaps
some sauteed mushrooms.
Barbecue tofu is so delicious!

• Agree
Reactions: Val and KLS52
some sauteed mushrooms.

I absolutely hated the tofu and had to force myself to eat it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val